nashdm2

Tyre Load Rating

Guys, may be looking to replace my tyres soon.

I want the Michelin Primacy 3 * ZP.

But, they don't produce one in my exact 100% type.

Currently I have 245/45/R18 96Y

The only ones they do are 100Y.

Will that make a huge difference in performance and ride etc please?

Thanks.........Dave

Answering the question, it will be fine.

It will be handle to handle more weight, as told. Shouldn't be noticed.

you should rather get the Michelin PS4's vast improvement over the Michelin PS3's

Suggestion of a non-run flat and performance tyre when he specifies a run-flat tyre, touring type... Doesn't seems a good help.

They are the ones I have albeit in 19" @nashdm2. They are higher than my load spec too. It won't be a problem. 

Great tyre. Loads of grip on the corners and in the wet. Traction off the line is much improved too. 

Shop around for the best price.

1 hour ago, 535i Andrew said:

Shop around for the best price.

Fully agree; to sound like a broken record, check Camskill and Tyreleader for their prices, if they stock them that is, before going to the usual suspects of National Tyres/ATS/Blackcircles/MyTyres etc

The only 'downside' to Camskill/Tyreleader is that you then need to get the tyres fitted; but their prices usually come in much lower and spending £10-£15 a corner for fitting on top still leaves you with money in your back pocket :) 

9 hours ago, Linhares said:

Answering the question, it will be fine.

It will be handle to handle more weight, as told. Shouldn't be noticed.

Suggestion of a non-run flat and performance tyre when he specifies a run-flat tyre, touring type... Doesn't seems a good help.

Why not?

LOTS of folk move from RFT to non RFTs on their BMWs due to it offering a nicer ride and better prices... :?:

8 minutes ago, Linhares said:

Why? Ask your insurance, for example.

[mention=54125]nashdm2[/mention], 2 or 4 tyres?

No one has mentioned anything about insurance whether to inform them or not; this is simply a thread asking re tyre ratings

If you want to start another tyre/RFT or non-RFT/insurance argument thread; start one of your own, don't take someone else's thread down with you please :) 

Thanks for all the help guys, appreciated.

I want to stick to run flat tyres. They are developed for a safety reason, why would I want to remove that safety benefit for a small uplift on comfort (which I have no issues with in the first place)

OK< so, the 100 instead of 96 will not be an issue. Thanks for the feedback guys.

1 hour ago, nashdm2 said:

Thanks for all the help guys, appreciated.

I want to stick to run flat tyres. They are developed for a safety reason, why would I want to remove that safety benefit for a small uplift on comfort (which I have no issues with in the first place)

OK< so, the 100 instead of 96 will not be an issue. Thanks for the feedback guys.

A lot of folk remove them as they sort a space saver or run with a tyre inflator/puncture repair kit and also it can save a lot of £££ - To some folk, that's more important. Still being able to use decent tyres, but without the RFT premium etc

No one has mentioned anything about insurance whether to inform them or not; this is simply a thread asking re tyre ratings

If you want to start another tyre/RFT or non-RFT/insurance argument thread; start one of your own, don't take someone else's thread down with you please  

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Nashdm2, how many tyres?

If you want to start another tyre/RFT or non-RFT/insurance argument thread; start one of your own, don't take someone else's thread down with you please  

You're funny...

Glad you can help in here...

3 minutes ago, nashdm2 said:

Thanks Andrew, now, don't laugh, but finding somebody who is going to "really" look after my alloys would come slightly higher than the cost (I said don't laugh!!)

Not at all, I fully understand that.  I went to great lengths to find a tyre fitter who would fit runflats to my powder coated rims. Some places wouldn't touch my alloys due to the risk of them damaging them which I took to mean they are cack handed and should be avoided!

You want a tyre shop with a lever less or contactless tyre machine where the tyre is pushed on and off the alloys by rollers so no tools (pry bars, tyre levers etc) touch the alloy rim itself. Similar applies to alloys that have a diamond cut finish.

If you are in Renfrewshire I can recommend someone......

Thanks, I had no idea there was an alternative machine. I have always cringed when I see them hack away at the wheels!!! Its like the wheel balancing machine. As they slide the wheel on, the hole in the wheel scrapes the thread on the balancer shaft. Doomed.

My wife badly scratched one of my alloys the other day. I got a new wheel and my fiend at BMW recommended a place, and the manager put the tyre on the new wheel himself. I watched him do it and he was ridiculously careful with no marks on the new wheel.

11 hours ago, Linhares said:

Nashdm2, how many tyres?

You're funny...

Glad you can help in here...

Thank you; you're very welcome... :) :ph34r: