Sign in to follow this  
S2YOB

Audio help F10

Evening,

I have just purchased a BMW 535 2013 :D

Unfortunately i have already realised the sound system is shocking at best!!! 

Now how do i understand what i have? It sounds like i have no amp or sub? i also have no tweeters.

What are the options to upgrade? I am happy to change front and rears, as can not live with such poor sound.

Regards

Nick

1 hour ago, S2YOB said:

Evening,

I have just purchased a BMW 535 2013 :D

Unfortunately i have already realised the sound system is shocking at best!!! 

Now how do i understand what i have? It sounds like i have no amp or sub? i also have no tweeters.

What are the options to upgrade? I am happy to change front and rears, as can not live with such poor sound.

Regards

Nick

Put the last 7 digits of your VIN into Mdecoder.com. This will show you the list of factory options fitted to your car.if you have option 676 you have the 12 speaker + amp business speaker system. If 677 then you have the 16 speaker + amp HK speaker system. If you have none of these then you have the base 6 speaker system with a speaker in each of the front doors and a speaker in each side of the rear shelf with a sub under each front seat. 

Search on the F10 sub forum as there are many posts about people upgrading their sound. Many have used one of the custom fit speaker replacements along with a tweeter in replaced door sails at the front triangle in the front doors.