Sign in to follow this  
nealpina

Rather have aircon/climate control or a convertible?

Aware modern convertibles do have climate control.

Due to the hot weather I have delivered convertibles every other day.  Due to my hayfever I prefer climate control, but today I enjoyed having the breeze keeping me cool.

Just thinking what do people prefer?

Edited by nealpina

41 minutes ago, Paddy O'Furniture said:

Air con for hot sunny days. 

Convertibles for summer evenings and nights when the sun has gone down. 

Drove home from work tonight at 9pm with the roof down actually. 

You can't beat a good AC with the amount of slow/traffic jams we have in this country - a convertible is lovely but has its limitations -  a good working AC keeps you cool in the summer and condensation free in the winter.

Drove mine into Manchester last week with the roof down (windows up and wind deflector in) and put the Aircon on a couple of times when in traffic and the air flow slowed too much.

Had a Saab 93 convertible. Roof would go up or down at the touch of a button. I did wonder what would happen when the motors got a bit tired though. Fine round town but noisy on the motorway, even with the top up. At high speed the soft top would lift giving you extra head room.

I'd rather have a sunroof. Fresh air and sunshine if you want it without being wind swept. And you can carry 3m lengths of timber or copper pipe :)

7 hours ago, whiskychaser said:

Had a Saab 93 convertible. Roof would go up or down at the touch of a button. I did wonder what would happen when the motors got a bit tired though. Fine round town but noisy on the motorway, even with the top up. At high speed the soft top would lift giving you extra head room.

I'd rather have a sunroof. Fresh air and sunshine if you want it without being wind swept. And you can carry 3m lengths of timber or copper pipe :)

That's what happens when you buy a Vauxhall Vectra in drag ;-)

My E36 vert has no such issues - happily sit all day with the windows up and wind deflector in at 70 mph (ish) or the roof up.

Edited by E39mad

47 minutes ago, E39mad said:

That's what happens when you buy a Vauxhall Vectra in drag ;-)

I seem to recall reading that it had the best soft top chassis at the time. Perhaps they meant for driving over cobbles