fizz

Anyone remapped their F10 518D SE?

Hi guys, 

My uncle has picked up his F10 a few months ago and from what I've read the 518 is a detuned 520d?

Are there any parts that differ in the engine that should be looked at before doing a remap? 

I've read about transmission strain on the 518d due to the lack of power with such a heavy vehicle hence looking to get it remapped. 

Cheers in advanced. 

15 hours ago, apples12 said:

Have remapped my n47 520d, best 300£ I ever spent on it! More economical, more power down low and around town

Can you tell me more about your remap please

Enda ward did it for me, 245 if I remember right. 

Figures he quotes are around 230-240 from stock which is 184, I didn't want a map which was too aggressive, egr delete also done at same time (coded to be shut) 

Has it made much of a difference in performance?

What about fuel economy?

Can the clutch take it?

I find the n47 is a bit sluggish as heavy car (manual transmission).

Just had my chains done and new egr valve fitted as well recently. 

How easy is it to find out it's been remapped as I have warranty on it and dont want to avoid it

My f10 was remapped by ECOPRO, midlands based , not sure if nationwide, got quoted about 240bhp, had issues with a faulty egr fix but all good now, can’t comment on fuel economy yet , but low end grunt is good , pull away in 2nd, rapid acceleration for a heavy car, very happy with it so far , not sure if the dealer can find out etc without checking the ecu for non standard settings , test run might throw up a query by the driver ! Guessing they could tell if they’ve driven enough , my remap was about £200, first time I’ve had one done so can’t comment on long term usage , think they would take the map off and redo it for a small fee to avoid the stealer finding out , I’d go for it, I love driving it now 

Definitely much more 'driveable', that barge-like lag is significantly reduced, economy has gone up if driving motorway miles, gone slightly worse if just local/inner city

I was told it's not easily detectable, he removed some marker he said... 

Mine is also under warranty (extended)

No difference with clutch etc, mine is auto

I have stuck to 60-80k intervals for servicing the gearbox, currently on 137k, 15k since remap, tank to tank economy had improved by 6mpg for my motorway runs, just sits cruising at 74mph quite happily returning 56-59mpg