Taxboy

Wiper Blades for 2013 F10

My blades are about 12 months old and developed a squeak as the wiper arm reaches the end of its travel. I'm going to have one more go at deep cleaning the screen - glass Polish then clay then fast glass. However assuming this doesn't cure the problem who makes the "OEM" blades for the F10 please ? I'm assuming it's a lot cheaper than buying the branded version through the dealer ?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Strongly recommend just go to the dealer, I learnt the hard way having different makes all causing different issues and one visit to dealers OEM and no problems again. Now in an G30 and would do the same mate  

Several good brands make wipe blades.

You should take more care when using them; keep windshield clean as much as possible, keep them clean (when washing car) and keep them hidrated.

I don't have a garage and, in my cars, they use to last around 3-5years :)

You lot are mad! "Go to the dealer" yeah and pay £100 for blades.

Just go got halfords and buy Bosch blades. They have an ipad or a book at least, where you enter your car details/reg and they'll tell you the ones you need. I've never had any issues with Bosch wiper blades.

Buy them and fit them yourself, it's easy. I wouldn't trust the guys at Halfords to run a cloth over my car.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Taxboy said:

My blades are about 12 months old and developed a squeak as the wiper arm reaches the end of its travel. I'm going to have one more go at deep cleaning the screen - glass Polish then clay then fast glass. However assuming this doesn't cure the problem who makes the "OEM" blades for the F10 please ? I'm assuming it's a lot cheaper than buying the branded version through the dealer ?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Bosch blades A524S Aerotwin. I used these on my F11 and from what I could tell they were identical to the genuine ones I replaced - all the markings were identical. They were perfect and cost around £20 from eBay.

I bought some Bosch Aerotwin blades for my F11 recently. They work very well and don't squeak or squeel, just clear the screen perfectly. At just under £20 delivered the thought of buying OEM blades from BMW seems ludicrous. 

You lot are mad! "Go to the dealer" yeah and pay £100 for blades.

Just go got halfords and buy Bosch blades. They have an ipad or a book at least, where you enter your car details/reg and they'll tell you the ones you need. I've never had any issues with Bosch wiper blades.

Buy them and fit them yourself, it's easy. I wouldn't trust the guys at Halfords to run a cloth over my car.

My current blades are Bosch - they've just started to squeak so is 12 months replacement about right for them ?

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Bosch blades A524S Aerotwin. I used these on my F11 and from what I could tell they were identical to the genuine ones I replaced - all the markings were identical. They were perfect and cost around £20 from eBay.
Thanks for sharing the model number. I know BMW don't make wiper blades so it appears they may be using Bosch now. If anyone could confirm that would be great.

I don't really want to pay the dealer tax but similarly I don't want to spend £20 to find I've still got the squeal

19 minutes ago, Taxboy said:

Thanks for sharing the model number. I know BMW don't make wiper blades so it appears they may be using Bosch now. If anyone could confirm that would be great.

I don't really want to pay the dealer tax but similarly I don't want to spend £20 to find I've still got the squeal

You’ll be hard pressed to find someone to give you a definitive answer as to whether Bosch make BMW’s blades. All I can tell you is that I scrutinised the originals and there was no difference whatsoever. All markings were Boschesq. 

Edited by Matthew Ashton

My current blades are Bosch - they've just started to squeak so is 12 months replacement about right for them ?   

I've had mine for close to 2 years with no squeaks or streaks. Still going strong.

1 hour ago, Spreadly said:

I'm starting to wonder whether the brand/type of washer fluid used affects the life span of blades. Personally, I use this...

BMW’s screen wash all the way for me. Bought a couple of 5l containers full from a dealer on eBay after my washer bottle pump filters clogged up with bio gunk. Never had an issue since and no juddering or smearing but not convincing that is down to the screen wash. 

13 hours ago, Matthew Ashton said:

All markings were Boschesq. 

That's probably the best way to describe the ones I took off. Very similar markings to the Bosch logo that normally sits before the word Bosch. The blades had the circle with a modified H shape inside, but no word Bosch on them. 

I checked my eBay order, they cost me £20.35 in November 17, you can have them now for £15.99.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bosch-Aerotwin-Flat-Blade-650-450-A524S-Front-Windscreen-Wiper-Blades-Pair-Set/273962814923?epid=248911236&hash=item3fc974cdcb:g:BhcAAOSw6TtdT2ID

They might be nearly 3 times that from BMW. I'm sure I was quoted £44 for a set of genuine E60 blades years ago.

51 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

That's probably the best way to describe the ones I took off. Very similar markings to the Bosch logo that normally sits before the word Bosch. The blades had the circle with a modified H shape inside, but no word Bosch on them. 

I checked my eBay order, they cost me £20.35 in November 17, you can have them now for £15.99.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bosch-Aerotwin-Flat-Blade-650-450-A524S-Front-Windscreen-Wiper-Blades-Pair-Set/273962814923?epid=248911236&hash=item3fc974cdcb:g:BhcAAOSw6TtdT2ID

They might be nearly 3 times that from BMW. I'm sure I was quoted £44 for a set of genuine E60 blades years ago.

Thanks for giving OP the link, cant believe it took 16 posts until he got the right information he needed....

Many thanks for sharing. At that price I can't go wrong

On 10/08/2019 at 21:11, Spreadly said:

I'm starting to wonder whether the brand/type of washer fluid used affects the life span of blades. Personally, I use this...

58f3fc0d4e820552065ef5e421782a86.jpg&key=fe47802a290f730e99f68f52ed74859bce2cd6579483a0f6e4842f0885b6e772

Use only the genuine BMW cleaner (its not expensive).  Mixing of other stuff can cause a chemical reaction forming a viscous gel.  just sayin'

I've use Holts, Tesco and Prestone brands all without issues. I only recently started using BMW washer fluid. I never had a problem with these brands but I kept quite a high concentration of fluid. The stuff that stops it freezing also stops mould forming which gives the gel like substance folk find sludging up the system. 

The BMW stuff can be had for £14 in 5L drums if you ask nicely at your local dealer. Neat it's good for -63deg C!

Use only the genuine BMW cleaner (its not expensive).  Mixing of other stuff can cause a chemical reaction forming a viscous gel.  just sayin'

I've always used Halfords in this car and previous cars, never had an issue. I'm also not worried about it causing any issues and I'm certainly not going to waste money buying BMW washer fluid, which isn't any different from one you'd buy from a petrol station.  

The only time you could have issues, is if you start mixing different brands together.