Sign in to follow this  
TrM5

CIC Nav Upgrade to Full Postcode?

Hi

I have a 2010 530 GT with CIC ECE BMW 1.5.20 Road Map Europe Premium 2009-2

I am reading that a firmware upgrade is needed before I can upgrade to the latest maps and full postcode navigation?? 

I've done a search on here but the guy who seemed to know all about it is no longer active.

Can anyone give me any pointers please? 

Thanks!

Hi

this is definitely possible - i have a 2010 F11 and I updated my maps to 2016 spec for my CIC Pro system after I bought it.

I used the various guides online to locate the maps and generate my own FSC code - but if you're happy to pay, pretty sure BMW will sell you the code and/or the maps.

On 07/08/2019 at 15:07, TrM5 said:

Hi

I have a 2010 530 GT with CIC ECE BMW 1.5.20 Road Map Europe Premium 2009-2

I am reading that a firmware upgrade is needed before I can upgrade to the latest maps and full postcode navigation?? 

I've done a search on here but the guy who seemed to know all about it is no longer active.

Can anyone give me any pointers please? 

Thanks!

Depending on your car's software integration level, if it is the original software, you can upgrade the maps to the latest version but you won't get 7 digit postcode search, you'll be stuck with just 5 active postcode characters. I know this from experience when I bought my F11 back in 2011 (September 2010 model). I had to pay BMW £120 to do the firmware upgrade and then updated the Maps and the 7 digits were acknowledged.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I see loads of online routes to maps and codes but none to firmware upgrades....I'm pretty certain I need that. Hoping to avoid BMW prices for that.....

9 minutes ago, TrM5 said:

Thanks for the replies guys.

I see loads of online routes to maps and codes but none to firmware upgrades....I'm pretty certain I need that. Hoping to avoid BMW prices for that.....

For firmware your options are

Go to BMW,

Find a good Indi with the necessary capabilities, 

DIY with ESYS and the Full set of programming data - high risk in my opinion.

For the Maps, there are links around to download them yourself (I may have the 2018-1 CIC map torrent link) then you need to generate or buy an FSC code.

I'm near Bromley in Kent and can generate the FSC code for you but I'll need access to the car. 

21 hours ago, Matthew Ashton said:

For firmware your options are

Go to BMW,

Find a good Indi with the necessary capabilities, 

DIY with ESYS and the Full set of programming data - high risk in my opinion.

For the Maps, there are links around to download them yourself (I may have the 2018-1 CIC map torrent link) then you need to generate or buy an FSC code.

I'm near Bromley in Kent and can generate the FSC code for you but I'll need access to the car. 

Thank you Matthew - I appreciate that.

I've had no luck finding an Indie - (apart from one quoting me £270) - I'm in East Sussex.

I certainly wont be going DIY.

5 hours ago, TrM5 said:

Thank you Matthew - I appreciate that.

I've had no luck finding an Indie - (apart from one quoting me £270) - I'm in East Sussex.

I certainly wont be going DIY.

£270 is far too much. I’d get the maps updated first and then go to BMW for a quote.