If I was to change the true pressures to handle the extra load of my caravan do I have to recalibrate the system to suit. If the answer is yes then how do I do that? Thanks for any input.

Pump tyres up to pressures as indicated on the drivers door cill and then go into the idrive and reset the tyre pressure warning/monitoring system just as you would each time you check and top up the tyre pressures.  

It just resets the system to know you have higher pressures in the tyres to start with.

If you are not sure the onboard handbook in the idrive will show you.

I have the tyre pressure resetting menu saved as a favorite on the dash buttons.

3 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Pump tyres up to pressures as indicated on the drivers door cill and then go into the idrive and reset the tyre pressure warning/monitoring system just as you would each time you check and top up the tyre pressures.  

It just resets the system to know you have higher pressures in the tyres to start with.

If you are not sure the onboard handbook in the idrive will show you.

I have the tyre pressure resetting menu saved as a favorite on the dash buttons.

Just to hijack this thread a bit in regards to the tyre sensors, do some F10’s have extra sensors which can tell the pressure and the temps of each tyre on the idrive.

I had my first go at coding my car with BimmerCode and I switched this option on, but did not come up and I have seen this option coded on some BMW’s so thinking car had to have the extra sensors fitted?

7 hours ago, The Situation said:

Just to hijack this thread a bit in regards to the tyre sensors, do some F10’s have extra sensors which can tell the pressure and the temps of each tyre on the idrive.

I had my first go at coding my car with BimmerCode and I switched this option on, but did not come up and I have seen this option coded on some BMW’s so thinking car had to have the extra sensors fitted?

What age is your car? Until around 2013 active pressure sensors or TPMS was an option. If you have rubber valve stems your car is using the rotational circumference via the ABS sensors to detect a deflation. If they are aluminium then you have the sensors. There is only one sensor per wheel and early ones may not have been able to detect temperature as well as pressure. 

7 hours ago, Matthew Ashton said:

What age is your car? Until around 2013 active pressure sensors or TPMS was an option. If you have rubber valve stems your car is using the rotational circumference via the ABS sensors to detect a deflation. If they are aluminium then you have the sensors. There is only one sensor per wheel and early ones may not have been able to detect temperature as well as pressure. 

Mines a 2014 however has the rubber stems which must mean I missed out on the extra sensors!

34 minutes ago, The Situation said:

Mines a 2014 however has the rubber stems which must mean I missed out on the extra sensors!

I must be a year out (sorry) and rubber stems mean ABS rotational measurement. 

3 hours ago, apples12 said:

Quite easy to retrofit the active Tpms to give you the actual pressure and temp readings btw, did mine last year. 

Interesting - how much everything cost if I could ask?

8 minutes ago, The Situation said:

Interesting - how much everything cost if I could ask?

70-80 for the control module, about 10 for the socket connector and wiring, sensors came mounted on the alloys already but these can be had relatively cheap on eBay also