envyphotography2016

Help car has had 3rd party damage

Hi guys just a quick question ive had my car about 4 weeks its a 2005 525D M SPORT  134K   Now today its had 3rd party damage done  so it will be needing a new wing front near side  front bumper too and maybe some fix to the wheel scuff  so my question is  would this be too expensive to fix  if i take to a BMW  garage  and get them to quote repair cost ?  the 3rd party has admitted liabilty for the damage  i dont want to use  a garage provided by the 3rd party insurance as they would use cheap parts  ? and i would assume the paint match maybe off when done  any help would be great thanks 

Take it to BMW and the 3rd party will tell you to go to the insurance buggering up your premiums for 5 years when they see the quote, Insurance may well write it off with that damage tbh as it's a 2005 one.

1 minute ago, GoNz0 said:

Take it to BMW and the 3rd party will tell you to go to the insurance buggering up your premiums for 5 years when they see the quote, Insurance may well write it off with that damage tbh as it's a 2005 one.

i am claiming off the other driver  

If the other driver is prepared to stump up for a bmw repair then good luck 

But if he’s going through his insurance then I’m afraid that doesn’t matter. If the repair exceeds something like 85% of the value they will deem it a write off. You maybe able to by it back ie a deduction from the payout and repair yourself and it will be cat n but there is no obligation for a repair to exceed the value regardless of blame. 

Insurance is is a business and they invariably win. 

My e39 needed a wing and a track rod plus some paint to the bumper. Less than £400 inc vat in parts. Garage quoted 1900 ex vat before even looking at the track rod. 

2 minutes ago, duncan-uk said:

If the other driver is prepared to stump up for a bmw repair then good luck 

But if he’s going through his insurance then I’m afraid that doesn’t matter. If the repair exceeds something like 85% of the value they will deem it a write off. You maybe able to by it back ie a deduction from the payout and repair yourself and it will be cat n but there is no obligation for a repair to exceed the value regardless of blame. 

Insurance is is a business and they invariably win. 

so m sport bumper and a wing plus fitting and spray will wrtie it off  dam :( 

Have you informed your insurance? I had my van hit once by a nice chap at the time.  It needed a new trim and small dent pulled out so i agreed to not to go through insurance. When I called him he didn't answer. In the end, went down to his address and his mother said he doesn't live there. I lost out.

The paint will never match due to the old paint ageing.

You don't need to go to a main dealer for this. Plenty of very decent independent bodyshops about.