m3nt4l

Apple CarPlay Activation + Sat Nav Activation Codes

Good Afternoon,

We are able to provide Diagnostics and Coding for BMW's.

Also we have CarPlay activation for vehicles with the ID 5 or ID6 head-unit and can also supply and fit the WiFi antenna which is required. 

Sat Nav Map Activation codes for all vehicles.

If you have any specific needs get in touch and we can see if we can help!

Check out our website and social media for more information!

Is it still so, that CarPlay can only work on the navigation systems?

My car is not equipped with sat-nav, but it has the same display as Navigation Business, the iDrive controller has "map" and "nav" buttons and the car has a GPS antenna (for Connected Drive and "location services"). 

Do I have to swap out the heatunit itself to get Navigation Business, or can FSC codes (and a map, of course) be generated to make navigation work? Or CarPlay? 

Cheers,

5 minutes ago, GaSelle said:

Is it still so, that CarPlay can only work on the navigation systems?

My car is not equipped with sat-nav, but it has the same display as Navigation Business, the iDrive controller has "map" and "nav" buttons and the car has a GPS antenna (for Connected Drive and "location services"). 

Do I have to swap out the heatunit itself to get Navigation Business, or can FSC codes (and a map, of course) be generated to make navigation work? Or CarPlay? 

Cheers,

Yours is an Fxx model BMW? You would need an NBT headunit (ID5) to be able to benefit from Carplay.

16 minutes ago, GaSelle said:

Not over here. Our taxes on cars are to blame. The question is, if the hardware is the same (I know that the iDrive controller and the antenna is), and if the navigation needs activation using FSC codes. 

Not sure where over here is but the hardware will be different.

1 hour ago, GaSelle said:

The only place with THAT stupid taxes on cars - Denmark :)

:-D I thought it was odd when on another thread you mentioned having cloth seats. My vegan daughter would be happy with that!

in the U.K. the leather and pro Nav are all included in the base configuration. 

Edited by Matthew Ashton

Had me thinking too.

I work with people in Denmark who bitterly complain about car costs and choice but having said that it is amazing how many and what models and what makes toy see on the road there.

Can you mirror / car play Waze onto the screen?

You have no SatNav so neither option 606 nor 609 which means you have the "Head Unit for Basic Media2" you will need the "Headunit For Basic With GPS2" or "Head Unit High 2".

Sorry, head unit swap out looks like the only way. My opinion is that Apple Carplay is a waste of time as the iPhone integration is very good without. I have the CarPlay option and don't use it. 

2 minutes ago, sjak92 said:

Curious about this lesser spec G30. Can you post a pciture what you iDrive looks like? Is your cluster the same or the smaller size one?

It only has the 8.8" screen which is something you'll never see on our UK spec cars: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=JA51-EUR-01-2019-G30-BMW-530i&diagId=65_2833

8 minutes ago, GaSelle said:

It looks the same as cars with Navigation Business. 

But that is only the screen which is the same for non-Nav and Business Nav. See above for the different head units. The basic HU option (Media2) does not have the SatNav gubbins.

2 minutes ago, Matthew Ashton said:

But that is only the screen which is the same for non-Nav and Business Nav. See above for the different head units. The basic HU option (Media2) does not have the SatNav gubbins.

That might be. But somebody further up asked how it looked - and the screen and controller is identical to Nav. Business. 

On 14/08/2019 at 09:50, GaSelle said:

Not over here. Our taxes on cars are to blame. 

Believe me, we have our fair share of unfair taxes on cars - the extra VED for £40k+ purchase price is a prime example ..................