Sign in to follow this  
fizz

Anyone based in West Yorkshire or Sounthhampton who can help with a FRM reset?

I'm trying to diagnose why my drivers side halo rings wont light up. 

I got the car with this issue and so i thought id change them and get LED bulbs. Changed them to find the drivers side still doesn't work. Next thing i did was to try the bulb over in the passenger side and it worked fine so its not the bulbs. 

Having done a bit of research online an found that there is something called a FRM which could be knocked out and needs resetting but as i dont have the foggiest where to begin i thought id ask you kind people to see whats what. 

I'm based in West Yorkshire but am in Sounthampton this weekend. 

Cheers in advanced
Fizz

Edited by fizz

Hello,

It could be a short circuit fault within the FRM (should just need resetting via a correct diagnostics tool)

What happens is when a a bulb dies and it is still in the headlight, after a certain amount of cycles of the ignition it will stop power going to that lamp. 

This is most likely why the bulb is not working.

11 hours ago, fizz said:

@m3nt4l - This is what i have found online when looking into the issue. Cheers mate... Just need someone close by who can help get it reset. :)

If you want to come down to me I can help.

thanks 

On 8/6/2019 at 8:02 PM, m3nt4l said:

If you want to come down to me I can help.

thanks 

Appreciate that offer mate. 

I took the plunge and ordered a INPA cable off Ebay. I have found a download link with an installation file for all the relevant software programs i could need inc the Tool32 that i have been advised to use to sort this issue. 

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=879366

I might need some guidance from some gurus on here when i come to getting it setup and running. lol

4 hours ago, fizz said:

Appreciate that offer mate. 

I took the plunge and ordered a INPA cable off Ebay. I have found a download link with an installation file for all the relevant software programs i could need inc the Tool32 that i have been advised to use to sort this issue. 

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=879366

I might need some guidance from some gurus on here when i come to getting it setup and running. lol

Aslong as you have tool32 you should be fine. i can provide help over TeamViewer so get in touch if you get stuck.

Thanks