rgt1973

Bluetooth music

Looking at adding either a Parrot or Bury bluetooth set up to stream music. Anyone recommend either? Unless it's possible to upgrade the standard bluetooth to do music? All suggestions welcome!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, rgt1973 said:

Looking at adding either a Parrot or Bury bluetooth set up to stream music. Anyone recommend either? Unless it's possible to upgrade the standard bluetooth to do music? All suggestions welcome!

For which car/year?

6 minutes ago, rgt1973 said:

2008, E61 520d. LCI. Has bluetooth but only for phone and no USB.

maybe look into grom audio or...

Maybe something like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Bluetooth-Module-Stereo-Aux-Audio-Music-Cable-Adapter-For-BMW-E60-Interface/133107403841?hash=item1efdd1cc41:g:RHUAAOSwd3NdJFKo

Hi,

If you are considering a Parrot or Bury, then I'll assume for a second that you'd like the feature to control your device via its interface or the oem controls/buttons? if so, the cheapy BT adaptors like Dan references don't offer that. With solutions that do, they'll be much more expensive but should avoid you getting 6 points and a fine for holding the device/trying to control it whilst moving in the car. 

Dension, mObridge and the aforementioned GROM do specific adaptors that will BT stream and/or control a device.

Cheers, Dennis!

Hi,

If you are considering a Parrot or Bury, then I'll assume for a second that you'd like the feature to control your device via its interface or the oem controls/buttons? if so, the cheapy BT adaptors like Dan references don't offer that. With solutions that do, they'll be much more expensive but should avoid you getting 6 points and a fine for holding the device/trying to control it whilst moving in the car. 

Dension, mObridge and the aforementioned GROM do specific adaptors that will BT stream and/or control a device.

Cheers, Dennis!
The Grom stuff looks good. Anyone actually got it set up in their car? I see they also do a DAB add on.

On 03/08/2019 at 10:12, rgt1973 said:

The Grom stuff looks good. Anyone actually got it set up in their car? I see they also do a DAB add on.

Just fitted the Grom Audio kit for my E39 and it works superbly. I'd highly recommend it :)