Exuptoy

Just checked for recalls? Battery cable issues.

14 hours ago, Clavurion said:

What does that matter. Would it make things different if I said I was a doctor?

Well I'm not a gynecologist but I'll take a look!  :D

Keliuss

22 hours ago, Chu said:

Blimey do you work at barons or something:lol:

no, simply providing what ( I would consider) a reasonable explanation to what they have flagged up. A 2nd opinion on these jobs will always have a different outcome, and as mentioned above the dealer will work on meticulous level rather than the 'acceptable' level the indy's and general public will work on. 

I'm fairly sure if they were going to try and 'con' you they would pick things that cost a lot more to do and be a main dealer only task, e.g a CIC re-install or software update.  An exhaust and ball joints aren't a tricky job!

1 hour ago, dj1233 said:

no, simply providing what ( I would consider) a reasonable explanation to what they have flagged up. A 2nd opinion on these jobs will always have a different outcome, and as mentioned above the dealer will work on meticulous level rather than the 'acceptable' level the indy's and general public will work on. 

I'm fairly sure if they were going to try and 'con' you they would pick things that cost a lot more to do and be a main dealer only task, e.g a CIC re-install or software update.  An exhaust and ball joints aren't a tricky job!

It is definitely a bit hit and miss when it comes to checks during the recall work. As I’ve mentioned previously my car came back with a clean bill of health but I know there were/are active error codes and a large oil leak from the sump gasket at the time it went in. In saying that the dealership know me and know that if it was not for the recall my car would never see the inside of their workshop. That is no comment on their ability more that I work on my own car, so why would they spend longer on my car than is needed for the recall if the know there will be no chance of getting the additional work. I’d have preferred they just said that than ticking all the boxes to say all is ok with the car.

On 10/11/2019 at 9:58 PM, GoNz0 said:

Fire started in the engine bay, could have been anything.

Very much so... coincidental that it went in before it happened. Fire was at the front of the car it seems but everything is speculation. 

6 hours ago, fizz said:

Very much so... coincidental that it went in before it happened. Fire was at the front of the car it seems but everything is speculation. 

Think this one was EGR on a new car?

Mines in next Thursday. Wanted to take it to Stratstone in Derby but their recall booking system is online only and it took them 4 days to call me back by which time I got it booked in with Sytner in Tamworth with a 2 minute phone call. So much for online being more efficient!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, 525-Jay said:

Mine's booked in a couple week's time.

It shouldn't cause any issues that I don't have a DPF and it has been coded etc, should it?

Nah, they don't look at things like this, I did mention when I handed over my keys not to play around with my car as I have a lot coded and they said they won't go near the obd port.

They just disconnected the battery.

Car has been to Sytner in Tamworth today. Service was excellent, mine only needed the check and grease work. They also did a vehicle health check and didn't find any major issues. The work was done in 3hrs and the car was washed and vacuumed when I collected it. Don't ever use main dealers, but if I did have to then I'd go there again.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

New here, 

got mine done 2 weeks ago... look what happened 2 weeks later! Major f.up on dealers part I believe...?? What do yous think? 
car was perfect before... tried starter, alternator and got a new battery before finding problem!!!! 

4F4142CF-49F8-40C1-8CC3-74DDA0EE40CA.jpeg

5FD92427-ED95-4971-967B-CF03679A3DD6.jpeg

AE1A4D48-62FD-47A9-8CF5-B8650824D8F0.jpeg

13 hours ago, BMWDublin said:

New here, 

got mine done 2 weeks ago... look what happened 2 weeks later! Major f.up on dealers part I believe...?? What do yous think? 
car was perfect before... tried starter, alternator and got a new battery before finding problem!!!! 

Oh dear! 

What dealer did the work? Given your username I'll take a crazy wild guess that you're not far from me.

Keliuss

Have you looked at it further, ie taken it apart? What was it they managed to actually get wrong?

It's more than astonishing that it went in to eliminate this fault and returned in a worse condition. Good on you for finding the problem and you're lucky it didn't get worse. I wouldn't like to think what the lawyers would think of such a situation.

I'm starting to wonder if all of us should double check! Mine has been ok since the recall but makes you wonder!

I'd have pulled the battery and rang them to come trailer it in and sort the fu%%ing mess out with a large loan car. This is what happens when the YTS lad is tasked with doing the recalls.