CS10

BMW Next 2019-2 Latest Maps

Hi there,

Just downloaded the latest maps through the BMW Download Manager as part of my subscription and for this update I had to choose between West and East Europe, which I haven't had to do before.

I downloaded 2019-1 earlier in the year and this was both I believe

It looks like it now only requires 26.5 GB of space on a flash pen, rather than 50+ as it did before.

Is this right?

Before I apply it to my car just want to make sure I'm not going to knacker anything!

I choose 'West Europe' by the way.

Ta.
Craig

Yes, I had the same. Nog so happy with this because I travel a lot in Eastern Europe. Buth I have not noticed any diffrence until now.

So, yes you can upgrade, no worries

Reports are that the map files were getting too large. You will still have most roads from the west but not 'minor' roads whatever that means. BMW's minor roads have always been a bit sketchy anyway. Still it should suffice unless you plan on visiting some remote mountain passage. 

13 minutes ago, Alexio45 said:

Reports are that the map files were getting too large. You will still have most roads from the west but not 'minor' roads whatever that means. BMW's minor roads have always been a bit sketchy anyway. Still it should suffice unless you plan on visiting some remote mountain passage. 

So they've not just reduced the number of countries in the file, they've reduced the number of roads included within the countries too?

I hope they’ve not reduced/removed minor roads much in the UK. I quite like the fact that Fife is a rabbit warren of little roads from everywhere to everywhere else.

1 hour ago, CS10 said:

So they've not just reduced the number of countries in the file, they've reduced the number of roads included within the countries too?

No, countries included in each "side" of Europe are represented fully in their respective map files. It is the other side which is represented partially. What I was saying is if you cross the iron curtain with WEST installed then minor roads may not be present. Whats not known is if you can now swap by installing the other side (e.g. if you were going on an extended stay).  

Ah I see, I think. 

So I install West maps, but I'll still have East major roads, just not East minor ones...? 

9 minutes ago, CS10 said:

Ah I see, I think. 

So I install West maps, but I'll still have East major roads, just not East minor ones...? 

Exactly.  What is considered minor I can't say. 

Yesterday I had the warning "restricted navigation" this was in a small village in Poland. Been in Spain, France, Belguim, Germany Holland (were i live) and Poland. This was the first time. All with the new maps

3 minutes ago, F10driver said:

Yesterday I had the warning "restricted navigation" this was in a small village in Poland. Been in Spain, France, Belguim, Germany Holland (were i live) and Poland. This was the first time. All with the new maps

So for Poland, you need the East maps... Correct?