kelum

zero offset 8.5j non staggered MK autosport tyres on E34 518i

Hi guys, I've got an alloy set with zero offset and 8.5j width.. I know stock wheels have 20 offset.

There's a guy here selling breyton spacers and he's got 10-25mm range thickness.

Anyone got any idea what thickness I should go for? Thanks!

With zero ET, your new wheels will already be sticking out 20mm more than standard if they are the same J size. Have you tried putting the wheels on your E34? What does it look like between the outer edge of the wheel and the arch?

5 hours ago, DerekJr. said:

With zero ET, your new wheels will already be sticking out 20mm more than standard if they are the same J size. Have you tried putting the wheels on your E34? What does it look like between the outer edge of the wheel and the arch?

I roughly placed yes, felt like some 10-25mm spacer will be needed.

Stock wheels are 7j, mine are 8.5j..but I saw some guys who had even 9j wheels on their E34s..

I am planning to have some used 17 inch tyre on a wheel and to figure out needed thickness of spacer..

Do you think I will need fender rolling?

You should be ok with 8.5" wheels with zero offset; I have 9x18's all round with ET12 (12mm) offset so the outside of the wheels should be in almost exactly the same place as mine.

3 hours ago, sharkfan said:

You should be ok with 8.5" wheels with zero offset; I have 9x18's all round with ET12 (12mm) offset so the outside of the wheels should be in almost exactly the same place as mine.

Yeah I also think they will be alright. Mine is zero offset so probably will need spacers..

What I'm saying is that you won't need spacers; if you use any kind of spacers you will be putting increased strain on the suspension components as well as placing the wheels outside the line of the bodywork which will look pretty grim.