osdev25

IDrive Issue HELP !

Hello everyone , 

this is my first post and i would appreciate some advice please, 

last  friday i was on my way to london , i stopped at one of the services , went back to the car , satnav popuped asking i want to carry on guidance i pressed ok. 4 seconds later it rebooted and it hasnt stopped since. 

usb in the armreset disconnect at the same time it reboots . so any chance of updating the softare with usb is a no. 

i searched everywhere and most common thing is to replace the head unit. till i found one place in youtube . called BMWMAN, in youtube video he is showing the same problem , and able to fix, but how thats the question, it looks like he is flashing the drive again as while the video is playing you can the dash lights flashing on and off . 

i have got cable and Esys working in VM . is there any guidance how to flash the idrive completely . i wanna fix the car using this garage but he quotted me £180 + VAT , which is a lot specially if the issue is simple. 

what do you think guys. 

Your fault sounds very similar to others reported on here.

A search on here would confirm what the resolution was but I think it was as you say a new head unit as it was rectified by BMW. 

1 hour ago, osdev25 said:

2015 model

I'm going tomorrow to see if the issue can be fixed rather than replacing all of it 

There is a guy in west London who can repair idrives etc hes reasonably priced. I have used him a few times. If your near to the area PM me for contact details

Hi guys . Happy to report the idrive was fixed within an hour and half . Bmwman know their stuff . Highly recommend them. I think he flashed the idrive using ista software . Anyway unlike some garages I went to see .their first answer is to replace the head unit and by magic they got one in hand if I want it installed for £650 lol 

I had the same issue after updating my maps. 

My issue was the first time BMWMAN had come across it and they sorted it for me, rather than replacing the whole thing. 

On 7/25/2019 at 9:10 AM, CS10 said:

I had the same issue after updating my maps. 

My issue was the first time BMWMAN had come across it and they sorted it for me, rather than replacing the whole thing. 

Just what version of maps you installed ? Mine I think was 2018 V2 now I can see 2019 west and east Europe both . Just wondering if it's worth it trying updating the thing again 

On 27/07/2019 at 07:50, osdev25 said:

Just what version of maps you installed ? Mine I think was 2018 V2 now I can see 2019 west and east Europe both . Just wondering if it's worth it trying updating the thing again 

Hi mate. 

Well, when I first got the car, the maps were at 2013 and I wanted to update them, so I updated to 2018.

This was the issue, apparently something changed in 2018 which my firmware couldn't handle. 

BMWMAN fixed it for me and earlier this year I updated to 2019-01 with no issue. 

Now I'm downloading 2019-02