Sign in to follow this  
KennyM

Losing DAB radio presets and other issues.

Hi, I’m looking for advice again. I had my 2018 540i m sport into the dealer for the following issues-

DAB radio preset stations being lost intermittently.

Aircon settings being lost.

Memory seating positions being lost.

All the above have happened with both keys.

Surprise, surprise,The technicians found no faults with the above. Have any of you members had similar issues?

PS

I previously posted an issue with headlight washers not working with the light switch in the Auto position. This has still not been resolved, the technicians are insistent this is correct. Any further advice would be appreciated, as I do t want to waste my time booking car in for a day to get nothing rectified. thanks

Just an update to the above issues. 

I see the post has had a few views. Am I the only one that’s experiencing losing radio presets etc as above , I’ve got the car booked in again on 31 July but not feeling confident now. As for Headlight washers, I told them members on this forum have confirmed the washers DO operate when switch in auto, but  service dept doesn’t  seem interested. 

I can’t say what’s causing the memory losses but for me it point towards the keys. 

For the headlight washers, I think the frequency is configurable somewhere, maybe Bimmercode. 

I think I remember seeing mines currently set to 20, or something bizarre like that, somewhere and I think that was Bimmercode, so if yours is the same that could be why you never see the headlight washer activate. 

I think the lights do need to be on though, regardless of the switch position. 

I would check mines again but I’m away just now. 

I have the same car and have not had any of your issues. I have the display key, not sure if this makes any difference?

Regards

Richard.

Does your headlight washers not operate at all? Mine does, also when with the lights on "Auto", but only when the mains are on, and the windscreen washer has been activated some times (5?). They do not operate when it´s only the DRL´s, that´s activated (still in "Auto", but in daylight).