Fullhouse

Its been a while / valuation help please

Hello everyone, used to sell a few sets of wheels back in the day and contributed a little, unfortunately have been driving a few modern cars of late and just been busy with work and family life.

I should be back in another 5 very soon though, have been offered a very rare car and just wondered what peoples opinion on it and value is before i pull the trigger on it.

1994/M 540i se 6 speed with 32k miles, completely rot and rust free, been in a private collection last 12 years and sorn'd. does have factory recaro front seats and is 100% genuine 

i have been given first shout on this and should have it thursday but just not sure on its value as hes asking a lot and i appreciate how rare this model is, especially with the mileage.

Hope everyone i used to meet at shows is well and hope to contribute more to the forum

Regards

Raj

Edited by Fullhouse

The manual 540's are rare ... as are auto's really (Limited numbers built) 

157 UK E34 540 saloon manuals of which  21 have been taxed and moted  during the last 6 years.

62 UK E34 540 Touring manuals of which some claim less than 15 are still left .  (8 road legal)

The trouble these days is finding real versions and not 540's with transplanted six speeds ..

The saloon will start with BK and Touring will have BH  on their vin numbers So GF++++++ would not be factory  manual

We were offered the only Maldives Blue/Black sports interior manual example  back during 2014 for £6500 It had been stored for around 10 years.

It had around 48k on the clock and we were informed was mint ....  But having been to see another minter a few days before passed on the chance.

As mentioned they are very rare cars now so making sure its a genuine 540i/6 is a must if you are thinking of it as an investment purchase.

It all depends on condition etc but its very difficult to put a figure on to the car itself without seeing detailed description/ photos etc

Prices have definitely shot up in the last couple of years and it really is quite a niche market.

Maybe others may chime in with other advise on actual figures, but I would say very difficult to put a price on to it without very detailed description/ pics etc

17 hours ago, greenelekta said:

10k plus I would have thought for low miles original car

That price would not be far away these days .. Late Cosmos Black on the N with service history  ( 140k) recently went for 9k   

small update.

Had the viewing last weekend, mileage was bang on but body needed a bit of paint, bonnet and boot lid and passenger side had paint all down side, so body not at its best, car did go like stink but not sure if it had its engine recall, as it felt very rough if you rev'd and held the rev's, at the end i walked away.

i spoke to a few people who have actually brought and sold exceptional examples of these and if the body and engine was arrow perfect with that mileage, then price was £16k-£22k i was getting for £10k so was a bargain but if with everything needed to make perfect it still wouldn't make top figure as it was no longer original, hunt continues

£16k to £22k for exceptional examples...? Christ they must be museum pieces! The 540i/6 is a good car but it's no M5 IMO, and a good M5 would struggle at that money.

Good luck with your search and maybe have a look and drive of a mint 535i/5 Sport or M5 if purse allows. ;)

C.

6 hours ago, sharkfan said:

E34. 535i is a cracking car and if I had space to stash two or three away I would.

Agree. This is what I am doing with mine and getting it as close to factory fresh as possible with a few nice extras. I wouldn’t sell mine for a lot more than I paid for it, but I have done a lot of work to it though. 

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 17:44, Fullhouse said:

small update.

Had the viewing last weekend, mileage was bang on but body needed a bit of paint, bonnet and boot lid and passenger side had paint all down side, so body not at its best, car did go like stink but not sure if it had its engine recall, as it felt very rough if you rev'd and held the rev's, at the end i walked away.

Can you tell us details who has this /where its for sale? I might be interested + others will be

10 minutes ago, greenelekta said:

Can you tell us details who has this /where its for sale? I might be interested + others will be

I would really love to know the colour of this manual as Maldives Blue was only ordered 4 times ...  While Orient Blue was the common Blue.

The only other blue was Danker Blue ordered once ....   So i imagine this example is Maldives.  

colour was arklissilber-metallic, am happy to send anyone pics on watts app if they DM me the number or send me a watts app to 07535 868849, car is in Slough/Langley area and am happy to pass on the number as i dont think the owner would appreciate me giving his details out as he hasn't actually advertised the car 

Fullhouse, by engine recall do you mean Nikasil/Alusil swop? If it's only done 32k miles, then my understanding is that Nikasil deterioration should not be a problem. Certainly isn't on my M60B30 1993 build engine which I got with 50k miles.  That happens at around 80k-100k. The main symptom is rough idle,  not rough at high revs.  Sounds like it needs a good service/injector swopping. 

1 hour ago, Dongiov said:

Fullhouse, by engine recall do you mean Nikasil/Alusil swop? If it's only done 32k miles, then my understanding is that Nikasil deterioration should not be a problem. Certainly isn't on my M60B30 1993 build engine which I got with 50k miles.  That happens at around 80k-100k. The main symptom is rough idle,  not rough at high revs.  Sounds like it needs a good service/injector swopping. 

Agreed +1

22 hours ago, Dongiov said:

21 hours ago, boiliebasher said:

Agreed +1

The above is correct ... I would also add the PCV at the rear of the M60 

These are known to cause rough idling issues when nearing the end of their service life ...

It was also the reason for a high % of the UK M60 engines replaced under warranty :ph34r:   standing 10 years would not have helped the valve..  

Edited by Carl-e34

8 hours ago, Fullhouse said:

good information and has put a spanner into the works as am having second thoughts on it, will think some more and may still pull the trigger on it, appreciate everyone's help

Its a 32k miles 6 speed V8, you got to Go for it!  

1 hour ago, greenelekta said:

Its a 32k miles 6 speed V8, you got to Go for it!  

It does need saving and bring back to full life ....  I would love to know the vin BK35.......  

15 hours ago, Carl-e34 said:

It does need saving and bring back to full life ....  I would love to know the vin BK35.......  

Don't think it will be in that desperate need of repair matey. Especially not for 10k... 

Plus I doubt the owner is in a hurry to sell either :ph34r: