Hi guys, back to the Xtrons unit. Finally got around to loading the BM auto-changer magazine with cd discs, but when selecting DISC on the Xtrons the screen displays NO DEVICE.

Am I doing something wrong? Find it hard to believe that a PO would splash out for an X but not connect the AC :(

Any thoughts appreciated.

Hi,

Does the Xtrons unit you've purchased mention in it's feature list that it connects/works with the OEM CD Changer? Have you connected them both up in the way described in the install instructions (specific cable/extension )?

If so, contact Xtrons support to see what they say.

If not, leave the CD changer disconnected/remove it as it won't work. 

Cheers, Dennis!

Appreciate your time Dennis.

The Xtron was already installed when we purchased the car last month & I only have a user manual that came with the car. The radio, sat-nav & blue-tooth work fine, I haven't tried the DVD but would you load a CD into the same slot for single play (sorry to ask seemingly obvious questions but I'm old & not tech savvy!).

Hi Norseman,

You should be able to choose 'CD' as a source within the xtrons unit and yes, you'd put a CD into the slot on the front of the unit :)

Cheers, Dennis!

The source options list DISC rather than CD but I guess that's the one to go for, I'll try it tomorrow & worry about the changer problem at a later date.

Many thanks for your help again Dennis.

Cheers > Norman

15 hours ago, Norseman said:

The source options list DISC rather than CD but I guess that's the one to go for, I'll try it tomorrow & worry about the changer problem at a later date.

Many thanks for your help again Dennis.

Cheers > Norman

Update !

A single CD will play without any problem & I haven't needed to do anything with the auto-changer, as you thought might be the case. I am curious as to why the Xtron won't function from the AC but not really bothered, I find them a bit of a faff when you can just load a single disc from inside the car.

Thanks again for your input.