Jez

New owner - 535D LCI M Sport Touring

Morning all! 

After 6 years of Octavia VRS ownership, I bought a 2008 535D LCI MSport Touring this week. Car has done 116k miles and it has ProNav, adaptive Xenons and a factory detachable towbar amongst the options list. 

Have to to say I’m totally made up with how good it is - even the standard stereo which I though was going to be rubbish sounds great compared to what I’m used to.

Its BMW no3 for me, first one was an E34 535 Sport - that lasted two weeks until I refused it due to engine issues. Then had an E36 M3 Evo Saloon, which I drove about a month - until I broke my tibia in five places. So hopefully this one will last a bit longer!

On the lookout for a wheel upgrade (current ones look ok but they are reps), will get it remapped at some point and also intend to change the speakers and get them amped - probably MB Quarts. 

Oh, assume I will burn in hell due to the front grill so have rattle can at the ready!

820E75CC-D1A6-4D5E-84EB-99583AC4520E.jpeg

2A544AED-E2EB-4CAF-A8D7-327340514F19.jpeg

886DB9EA-C989-4C3D-B503-38597028E43F.jpeg

E5A2670A-3EAD-434B-8174-5EDD35996491.jpeg

Edited by Jez

Welcome on in :) 

Looks a lovely motor; I’m a fan of these and was tempted by a few a year ago until I bought a 7 series land barge instead...!

IMO the alloys suit the car; maybe just change their colour to a darker anthracite or shadow chrome maybe? 

Thanks Dan and that is a possibility, but I am tempted to put the £200 for a full refurb towards Spiders instead. 

I needed an estate ir hatchback so for me this is perfect. I cannot believe how well it drives to be honest - feels like it’s done 10k miles not over 100k! 

I also averaged 45.5 mpg on the return trip from Cornwall to Sussex. 

8 minutes ago, Jez said:

Thanks Dan and that is a possibility, but I am tempted to put the £200 for a full refurb towards Spiders instead. 

I needed an estate ir hatchback so for me this is perfect. I cannot believe how well it drives to be honest - feels like it’s done 10k miles not over 100k! 

I also averaged 45.5 mpg on the return trip from Cornwall to Sussex. 

Yeah; the ones I test drove really impressed me, just unfortunate that they were overpriced at that time. One of them is still for sale, a year on! The seller clearly has £££ to burn.

See my comment re Spiders on your wanted ad; personally, I wouldn’t touch them, everyone I know who’s had them, has had nothing but issues...

If you fancied decent aftermarket alloys, BMAutosport are highly regarded and they usually have some great alloys in; worlds your oyster. Or sod it all and get some BBS alloys 8)