Sign in to follow this  
ally

iPhone connectivity

Is anyone else having any issues with iPhone connectivity?

I just got my car 6 weeks ago and everything worked fine, BT music streaming, phone music search, wireless Spotify etc. 

Since being away for 3 weeks, and an iPhone update to IOS 12.3.1 during that time, it is now very laggy and intermittent. 

Music search on the phone music library takes forever, current track playing takes a long time to update and Spotify keeps cutting in and cutting out, and disappearing / reappearing from the media menu. 

I disconnected and reconnected to the car via BT  but still the same, just trying to figure out if it’s the car or the phone. 

TIA

Edited by ally

2 hours ago, ally said:

Is anyone else having any issues with iPhone connectivity?

I just got my car 6 weeks ago and everything worked fine, BT music streaming, phone music search, wireless Spotify etc. 

Since being away for 3 weeks, and an iPhone update to IOS 12.3.1 during that time, it is now very laggy and intermittent. 

Music search on the phone music library takes forever, current track playing takes a long time to update and Spotify keeps cutting in and cutting out, and disappearing / reappearing from the media menu. 

I disconnected and reconnected to the car via BT  but still the same, just trying to figure out if it’s the car or the phone. 

TIA

My iPhone has the latest update and it works just fine.

I've been having some issues with mine. I have an iPhone 6 running iOS 12.3.1 and I've had my car for about 2 months. The Bluetooth works really well 95% of the time and it plays apple music fine (as well as being able to search for tracks using the iDrive). However, every now and then it decides to default to the first track in my music library alphabetically when I've told it to pick another song (either using the search function; manually going through the lists of tracks using IDrive; or using Siri voice activation). It's a small thing but it was driving me bananas yesterday.

It's the randomness of it that's annoying me and I cannot figure out why it isn't working as it should all of the time (it's maybe 1 in 6 times that it doesn't do what it is told, then it will work just fine the next time).  That said, it's my only real gripe with the car in 2 months so I can't complain really. But if anyone has any ideas (other than disconnecting/reconnecting, which I've tried) then I would be all ears!

It does seem to be car dependent, which doesn't make sense. The test drive 520d I had worked perfectly. My current car is temperamental at best. The test x5 worked perfectly. I think it's to do with the iDrive though as I also have similar issues with Music Collection.

One tip I have is to get a very quiet song and label it aaaa. That way at least it doesn't jar when it swaps to the first song which for me was originally very loud and hardcore!

16 minutes ago, G Whizz said:

One tip I have is to get a very quiet song and label it aaaa. That way at least it doesn't jar when it swaps to the first song which for me was originally very loud and hardcore!

Now there's an idea! What did I not think of that :roll:

2 hours ago, G Whizz said:

My issue is when I change back from listening to music from my "collection" to radio, then the volume (having been increased to listen to the "collection" at a reasonable level) nearly blows the windows out. Anyone know of a way that volume levels are maintained at a constant level across different sources??

I restarted the iPhone earlier today and it all worked fine until tonight where it has become very unresponsive again. 

Also doesn’t see the phone as a USB device when plugged in