Marc P

Looking to add an e39 to the fleet

Hi Everyone,

Been directed over here from the guys at Pistonheads as I have a few questions (but I'll post them in the correct area), so a quick run down on me, I've previously had an E36 318is, E60 525d and an E92 320d, however, I'm looking at an E39 530i Sport for the next daily. My previous daily's have been a 2015 E220 and a 2017 A4, in all fairness, the A4 has been a very nice car, I have no complaints but it just doesn't do anything for me, the E220 though was a major mistake, I can't see me ever stepping near a Mercedes again after that steaming pile of sh**! I currently have a '98 Supra, '89 944S2, '06 Corvette, '69 Mustang and the aforementioned A4. I'm planning letting go of the A4, 944 and Supra over the next 12 months and picking up a couple of new cars, first on the list for September/October time will be the new daily.

So why an E39? I've always had a soft spot for them as my dad had a couple of e39 530d's as company cars when I was younger but my 'want' was truly re-ignited the other day when I saw a pristine e39 530i in metallic black with the champagne interior parked up between a new 5 series and a Macan, not only did this thing still look fantastic, but (IMO) completely overshadowed the modern cars either side and had me almost mesmerised, I realised at that point I needed one!

So after a bit more research into the cars I'll be in a nice e39 530i Champagne Edition in a few months :)

Thanks in advance for the info I'm likely to glean off here anyway.

Marc

Welcome on in @Marc P

Twas I that told you to get signed up on here ;) Glad you made it across 

Hi Marc,

Nice cars in the fleet, any luck? I too am looking to change the daily potentially for an E39 M5, have an old SL500, Evo 4 (going soon) and a 944 but looking to change the focus 2.5 ST for one of these (something about the manual analogue drive that draws me in)! Anyway be good to hear how your search is coming along!

Edited by Harry0075

18 hours ago, Harry0075 said:

Hi Marc,

Nice cars in the fleet, any luck? I too am looking to change the daily potentially for an E39 M5, have an old SL500, Evo 4 (going soon) and a 944 but looking to change the focus 2.5 ST for one of these (something about the manual analogue drive that draws me in)! Anyway be good to hear how your search is coming along!

I was waiting until I'd sold the 944 and the A4 went back (mid September), however, I have had one come up for sale locally at a really good price (if it's as good as it sounds!) and I'm off to have a look at it this evening. Although it isn't a Champagne edition, it is a facelift, Cosmos Black, 530i sport.

I'll let you know how it goes :)

Scrap the above, he sold it 30 MINUTES before I was supposed to get there, annoyed to say the least!!

Edited by Marc P

9 minutes ago, Marc P said:

Scrap the above, he sold it 30 MINUTES before I was supposed to get there, annoyed to say the least!!

Oh no :( sounded like a nice spec. I'm looking for an E39 M5, but really should try and sell my '94 SL500 first before the boss kicks me out. 

Good luck with the search hopefully something comes up! I am not massively familiar with the E39 (yet) but if there's anything in/near the Birmingham area and you need someone to go have a look happy to do so.

25 minutes ago, Harry0075 said:

Oh no :( sounded like a nice spec. I'm looking for an E39 M5, but really should try and sell my '94 SL500 first before the boss kicks me out. 

Good luck with the search hopefully something comes up! I am not massively familiar with the E39 (yet) but if there's anything in/near the Birmingham area and you need someone to go have a look happy to do so.

What is really annoying is that I'd already paid for all the HPI check, organised the funds and what not, just for some little scrote to come in and take it just before I was arriving, fuming with the seller as well, didn't even give me a courtesy call to say someone was coming before me after it was all arranged, I could of just gone round earlier!

Nice, I keep thinking about the M5 but I want one as a daily and I think I'd just find the fuel ruinous! Lord knows the Corvette gets costly!! :D

Thanks anyway and likewise, anything you want someone to take a look at up in the Leeds/Harrogate area, just give me shout.

Welcome along Marc and good luck in your search. Take your time and you'll find a good 'un I'm sure.