Sign in to follow this  
Marc P

Looking to add an e39 to the fleet

Hi Everyone,

Been directed over here from the guys at Pistonheads as I have a few questions (but I'll post them in the correct area), so a quick run down on me, I've previously had an E36 318is, E60 525d and an E92 320d, however, I'm looking at an E39 530i Sport for the next daily. My previous daily's have been a 2015 E220 and a 2017 A4, in all fairness, the A4 has been a very nice car, I have no complaints but it just doesn't do anything for me, the E220 though was a major mistake, I can't see me ever stepping near a Mercedes again after that steaming pile of sh**! I currently have a '98 Supra, '89 944S2, '06 Corvette, '69 Mustang and the aforementioned A4. I'm planning letting go of the A4, 944 and Supra over the next 12 months and picking up a couple of new cars, first on the list for September/October time will be the new daily.

So why an E39? I've always had a soft spot for them as my dad had a couple of e39 530d's as company cars when I was younger but my 'want' was truly re-ignited the other day when I saw a pristine e39 530i in metallic black with the champagne interior parked up between a new 5 series and a Macan, not only did this thing still look fantastic, but (IMO) completely overshadowed the modern cars either side and had me almost mesmerised, I realised at that point I needed one!

So after a bit more research into the cars I'll be in a nice e39 530i Champagne Edition in a few months :)

Thanks in advance for the info I'm likely to glean off here anyway.

Marc