Bill1976

1st bmw ever 535d e60

Just went in today, I'm having the 19" 172's done in Ghost chrome and my Transporter Vertini 20's done in sparkle gloss anthracite and it's £700 for both sets. He doesn't mess about, all wheels spend 3 days in the strip tank then get fettled, any damage repaired then powder coated.

Just went in today, I'm having the 19" 172's done in Ghost chrome and my Transporter Vertini 20's done in sparkle gloss anthracite and it's £700 for both sets. He doesn't mess about, all wheels spend 3 days in the strip tank then get fettled, any damage repaired then powder coated.

price sounds about right mate, get some pics up when there done, would like to see what they look like, had a nosey at your posts to see what colour your car was, definitely one of my favourite colours! wheels will look mint against it.

currently on the look out for a t5 caravelle, been looking for a modified one for at least 6 months! what engines in the transporter?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Will do mate.

Bus is a white 57 camper conversion in 1.9PD TDi flavour. Interior conversion by Touch of Class, 125k on the clock, spent £6k converting it, black glass on the sides and rear doors, leather front and rear with Bentley style stitching in black and grey, Smev 2 ring burner and sink, Vitrifrigo fridge, electric hook up, split charge, swivel twin front seat, mk6 golf flat bottom wheel, 20 inch Vertini fairlady rims with 255/35 rubber, stance+ coilovers. Wheels been done once but the alloygaitors have ruined the edges, fuel filter done Saturday, recent full service, new glow plugs and glow control module, drive shaft and gearbox stub changed as the splines sheared (common fault). Xtron double din entertainment system with rear view and Sat Nav, Couple of small marks to be painted in next month and the rims once again then up for sale for around £13k.

Registered with DVLA as a Motor caravan.

fullsizeoutput_9d7.thumb.jpeg.72f2a32adcac706a606c80a3907b1a97.jpeg

Edited by Exuptoy

Looks nice that, spent a few quid on it, hows the ride on those coilovers?  Was asking about the engine, as I’m after a 140bhp rather than the 180 bhp  bitdi, after hearing the horror stories about them, ( sorry meant t5.1 )  plenty of 180’s out there, but not many 140’s, also me wanting a modded caravelle is proving difficult to find lol.

Mine is the lowly 84bhp! It’s ok though. The CO’s make one hell of a difference after just lowering springs. Bitdi is expensive to run. Mate has one, costing him a fortune to run so he just bought my old Bandit 600 to commute on.

Just found Tony’s website for the powdercoating. He actually has a set of M wheels showing the Ghost Chrome. Can’t wait now!

http://www.perfectadent.co.uk/Gallery/Gallery_Ghost.html#thumb

Edited by Exuptoy

On 8/7/2019 at 1:04 AM, Exuptoy said:

Mine is the lowly 84bhp! It’s ok though. The CO’s make one hell of a difference after just lowering springs. Bitdi is expensive to run. Mate has one, costing him a fortune to run so he just bought my old Bandit 600 to commute on.

Just found Tony’s website for the powdercoating. He actually has a set of M wheels showing the Ghost Chrome. Can’t wait now!

http://www.perfectadent.co.uk/Gallery/Gallery_Ghost.html#thumb

There seems to be a lfair amount of the bi turbo’s that have had big issues resulting in a 7k new engine, enough to put me off them, shame as most for sale are bloody bi turbo!

i like the ghost chrome in those pics, looks a lot fresher than just plain silver, have you got them back yet?

10 minutes ago, Bill1976 said:

i like the ghost chrome in those pics, looks a lot fresher than just plain silver, have you got them back yet?

Not yet mate, when it got dropped off I told him there was no immediate rush as I’m offshore until the 20th.  He’s had a bit of work on so is gonna start it next week with any luck.

as soon as I get any updates I’ll post here. 

you let the wife drive it, with newly refurbed wheels! ?

looks spot on, definitely going to consider this wheel colour myself, i got some centre caps from amazon for about £6, not fitted them, but they look fine, think genuine ones are £15 each. never thought about the m badges, better order some in advance.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I think the complete set of caps with sticky M badges were £13?

yeah, the wife said she was on edge until she parked it in the drive! :D 

she said it can stay there til I get home :lol:.

she has her own car anyway.

Just had a quick look the m badges are only a few quid, full set of centre caps and badges below

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123734582470?ul_ref=https%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F1%2F710-53481-19255-0%2F1%3Fff3%3D2%26pub%3D5575376664%26toolid%3D10001%26campid%3D5338268676%26customid%3DEAIaIQobChMIv56hxJKE5AIVwuF3Ch1htAEtEAQYAiABEgJVn_D_BwE%26lgeo%3D1%26item%3D123734582470%26srcrot%3D710-53481-19255-0%26rvr_id%3D2076275221351%26rvr_ts%3D93c4685016c0ac3d90d251bbfff43887&ul_noapp=true

Back to the t5, did you put the coilovers on or where they already on it? Is the ride ok on them, not to crashy? From what I’ve read they seem to get decent reviews for the money, big saving over the bilsteins that’s for sure, is that as low as they go?

cheers

The Stance+ coil over kit is spot on. It’s perfect. I had it fitted. Cost £239 (iirc) and my mate charged me around a ton to fit them. The originals were just lowered springs and that was seriously crashy, especially so with 255/35/20 rubber with virtually no give in them. It’s night and day better now but still sits at a similar height.

Ill fit the same to my next van.

This was as of yesterday when the Beemer got collected and the camper left to have the rims redone. The suspension still has more drop to go if required. My mate mentioned about another inch or two. It’s lower than most in my area anyway.

The front could do with coming down a little more but then it’d be nose down. It’s level just now.

7FA1D119-1DF0-49E6-9A97-30A499F60790.thumb.jpeg.44844d29464138e08058ed62d6106e2a.jpeg

Edited by Exuptoy