Bill1976

1st bmw ever 535d e60

Hi Bill i'm new on here too but have had a couple of bmw's before so kind of know what to expect. Your definitely jumping in at the deep end, mind how you go at first, well 5 minutes should do it :-) 

11 hours ago, cockneychris1 said:

Hi Bill i'm new on here too but have had a couple of bmw's before so kind of know what to expect. Your definitely jumping in at the deep end, mind how you go at first, well 5 minutes should do it :-) 

How do! Well I’ve always liked the 535d since they first came out, i now feel I’m at the right age to own one :)

I think mine is pretty quick but yours must be amazing with an extra 80 or so bhp. I haven't been able to give mine a good run out since I've had it as i'm putting in a new kitchen at home and the dog has been ill and so it goes on, but the short trips have been fantastic. I have a caravan as well so I cant wait to do 155 with that on the back :-)

Lmfao @ 155mph with the caravan on, I like your style lol, certainly goes well enough,  I’m sure yours ain’t to shy either, I’m in “ see how many miles to a tank mode I can get “ so taking it easy, I’ll do this once like I always do when I get a new car, then crack on haha, done about 300 miles and have just under half a tank, should see 450 ish maybe?

The second half a tank always goes down quicker than the first ha!

Last year I had to go on one of those 'naughty boy we've caught you speeding' classes which was a pain in the arse but had to be done. I was on a table where there were loads of young drivers in their teens bragging about their speeding exploits and they turned to me for my input and I said i'm here for speeding with a caravan on the back and they were 'yeah hes the man' I didn't say it was only 5 mph over though ha!

bloody caravaners, at least you weren't holding anyone up .

well im upto 350 miles now with about a quarter of a tank left, I've been driving very steady, and a fair amount of motorway at 70mph.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:34 PM, Bill1976 said:

bloody caravaners, at least you weren't holding anyone up emoji23.pngemoji23.png.

well im upto 350 miles now with about a quarter of a tank left, I've been driving very steady, and a fair amount of motorway at 70mph.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi Bill,

Got any pics?

On 7/15/2019 at 6:38 AM, cockneychris1 said:

Ive been doing some mixed driving and i'm averaging 42.5 mpg I can live with that. Its such an effortless drive as well.

Sounds good to me