Sign in to follow this  
Father Jack

Red car warning icon in Eco Pro Mode

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but once or twice in the last few days I've had a big red car icon flash up in the middle of my display when using the eco pro mode. Basically it comes on when I'm coasting towards a roundabout or junction say at about 20mph. It flashes up once then goes away. There's no noticeable issue with braking or anything else. It's a 19 plate G30 and I've only done c1400 miles. When searching for info online the best explanation I got was that it comes on when there is a "brake system malfunction".

Has anyone else encountered this and if so what did you do about it?

There's normally some 'incident' that could be predicted from surrounding vehicles,  but I normally have dealt with it by the time the red indicator has come on. Sometimes,  it has actually been helpful. If there is nothing close to you when it appears, then that's not right. 

I think there is a setting you can change the sensitivity and response (get too close and it'll brake for you). In my experience so far, it's been wrong (parked car, car on the other side of the road) or just completely missed the incident. But I've kept it on for that one time it actually be right.

Mine sometimes flashes if I pop out sharply behind someone or if I’m a bit close to nearside parked cars but only for a moment. The flashes aren’t distracting though, and I keep it at most sensitive as I’m a bit of an old fart and one time it might be quicker than me when it’s needed. It’s never braked yet though.

Edited by Boba

6 hours ago, G Whizz said:

image.thumb.png.2f7162d36da4e3ad4d17bc8758986900.pngDoes it look like this? If so, it's the collision warning system which is a little ...random at times.

Taken moments before a sudden stop and sound of crunching metal due to attention focused on the camera?? :mrgreen:

1 minute ago, Mr H said:

Taken moments before a sudden stop and sound of crunching metal due to attention focused on the camera?? :mrgreen:

Yep! And it took me 5 crashes before I could just get the right picture :grin:

I dont know if mine would intervene or not, but it never has. Only one I get is the reversing sensor braking, and that it's pretty good,  although it always makes me think I've hit something anyway.