amazighman

Buy cheap buy twice???? CCV

Afternoon

After thinking that my CCV  was refreshed and car was running good now again my car is gutless especially in low revs and there a lots of hesitation when warmed up....

I checked whether the new CCV is functioning properly by removing the oil cap and hey presto loads of vaccum and a loud whislte coming from the CCV valve itself.

I am fairly certain that this new CCV is kaput but any other inputs welcome.

I will claim a refund for this CCV as it had 12 months warranty...

5 minutes ago, amazighman said:

Was from a parts supplier on ebay called RTG group , they said it comes with 5 years warranty.

Ebay item number 173502661923

Yeah; know the seller as they're local and who I sourced all my Sach's suspension from

But for the CCV kit; you want the Meyle kit, at a minimum, from the likes of C3BMW:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-CRANK-CCV-CASE-VALVE-HOSES-E46-320i-325i-330i-520i-525i-530i-E39-GERMAN/391854532708?fits=Car+Make%3ABMW|Cars+Type%3A530i|Plat_Gen%3AE39&hash=item5b3c59a864:g:FLUAAOSwLWJcY-xs

1 minute ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Yeah; know the seller as they're local and who I sourced all my Sach's suspension from

But for the CCV kit; you want the Meyle kit, at a minimum, from the likes of C3BMW:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-CRANK-CCV-CASE-VALVE-HOSES-E46-320i-325i-330i-520i-525i-530i-E39-GERMAN/391854532708?fits=Car+Make%3ABMW|Cars+Type%3A530i|Plat_Gen%3AE39&hash=item5b3c59a864:g:FLUAAOSwLWJcY-xs

Shall we say that the CCV had it and needs to be changed again?

I can only assume that the valve itself is defective.

16 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

That kit looks pretty good, what are the chances of it actually helping with excessive oil consumption? Ours has always had a thirsty appetite...

10 minutes ago, Andyrt200 said:

That kit looks pretty good, what are the chances of it actually helping with excessive oil consumption? Ours has always had a thirsty appetite...

Not really sure sorry; none of my 530i E39s has ever used a drop of oil. They've always been oil tight (if a leaky gasket has been found, it's been replaced ASAP) etc

Maybe a CCV refresh and an oil change to a different viscosity is in order? I go for 5W40 personally

2 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Not really sure sorry; none of my 530i E39s has ever used a drop of oil. They've always been oil tight (if a leaky gasket has been found, it's been replaced ASAP) etc

Maybe a CCV refresh and an oil change to a different viscosity is in order? I go for 5W40 personally

Ah, seems to be a mixed boat with the 530i some like you say no oil used & others like me are always topping it up. 

Old threads say it was recommended to run 0W30 but changing to 0W40 helps a lot. 

I have Mobil1 0W40 in as that happens to be good for all our cars & it’s easier to have a few in stock of the same brand. 

I’m no oil expert but think the 0 or 5 at the start of the oil grade is the  viscosity rating when cold. Its longer journey that seems to use it  up...