Sign in to follow this  
cockneychris1

Newb 5.

Hi all,

ive had my F11 for about a month now and, well, it’s ok isn’t it. It’s a 530d so I don’t have to give up my position to a Merc. I’ve had to get used to sitting down low as I’ve come from a people carrier that you have to sit on top of rather than sit ..in. This is not my first BMW though, my first was a tricked up 2002 Tii (remember those) and back in the day (1979) with its big alloys and negative camber, it was quite a tool. The last one was a 320i E45 which I loved too. So I’m hoping for good things from this F11. It’s an m-sport  with a few bits and pieces such as adaptive lights, prof nav, etc. It’s a 13 plate in Imperial Blue which changes shade every time the sun comes out. It has only 57000 on the clock and I think I got it for a decent price as it’s all fbmwsh as well.

6B1B61A5-673F-4217-A937-E9EC9240ADB6.thumb.jpeg.e9eadf68c40ade3d6d640a3abaf3bbcf.jpegFA3FE094-91EE-49D8-9947-EE9166D01D12.thumb.jpeg.7e67af5c71d8549f26bf4e8a73be41f1.jpeg

Edited by cockneychris1

Welcome along Chris. Beautiful beast and car is pretty smart too!

Weclome Chris, like you I have a new F10 just a few days now. So will be reading the forum to learn what other people have been doing. Do like your car in Imperial Blue. My (now v old) E39 is Aegean Blue which makes the car look great - much better than Black or White imho.

Yes its a bit of a weird colour in that its different in different light situations. at times it looks almost black but when its clean and in the sunshine it sparkles. I considered black as I had a black E46 and that looked great when it was just washed and polished but looked crap when dirty. The imperial blue has iron oxide coated with titanium in there so how posh is that. I've read this forum back to front ...just in case.....but people seem quite taken with them and find them reasonably reliable. They seem to be everything, a cruiser when you want and a Mercedes muncher when that's available.