chmusar

G31 alloys

I have a 2018 G31 with 17 inch alloys, would i be able to fit genuine bmw 19inch alloys and if so how much would it effect the ride

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Should have no problem with any from 17” to 20” whether straight or staggered but yes, as @Johnyboysays 19” will feel noticeably harder. Better looks than 17” though which IMHO do look rather small on a 5.

Edited by Boba

7 minutes ago, Boba said:

Should have no problem with any from 17” to 20” whether straight or staggered but yes, as @Johnyboysays 19” will feel noticeably harder. Better looks than 17” though which IMHO do look rather small on a 5.

Yeah I have the standard fit 17” wheels on my 5, and they do look like office chair castors haha. The ride is superb though - I don’t think putting 19’s on will actually make it a whole lot worse, it’s the run-flats BMW insist on fitting as standard equipment on anything 18” and above that do the most damage to the ride in my opinion. 

4 hours ago, Mr H said:

I've got 19s on mine and the ride is fine B)

I do too, and RoFs, and whilst I wouldn’t call it harsh it’s certainly a very firm ride over Fife’s potholed and broken-up roads.

19's as well on my G31 with run flats and can't really fault the ride. I do have variable dampers and even in sport mode find the ride good.

Changing from 17's to 19's, I am sure you will notice some deterioration in the ride, but this is also influenced by the type of trye and also brand of tyre