Sign in to follow this  
pauliexjr

520i Touring Suspension warning light

I have a ride-hight warning light up, but my understanding is the 520i doesn't have airbags to adjust the ride hight. There is mention of an electric pump, but the Hyanes manual is bloody useless and only says 'electropnuematic shock absorbers were available as an option'.

So where do I start? I can't find a blown fuse and initial rummages under the rear don't evidence any immediate options, so I am at a bit of a loss.

Anyone with knowledge of the set up on these please feel free to comment. Please note this is the tourer i.e. an estate, not saloon.

Thanks in advance (and hope)

Have you read the codes? If not I'd start there rather than guessing; hopefully that'll be able to pinpoint the niggle :) 

IIRC all E39 tourings are on bags; unless they've been changed out for a spring/shock combo. 

Have you any other electrical issues currently (blown bulbs etc)?

Check your vehicle specs with VIN if it had self levelling suspension from the factory, they all did not. Has this problem just occured or has it been like this as long as you have owned it?

Have a look at section 330-44 of the Bentley manual. This covers the Electronic Height Control (EHC) system on the estates. You can find the manual in pdf form on the internet for download and I sometimes print pages from this to avoid soiling my paperback copy.