Vlady

Mitchell Inglis repair shop in Glasgow?

Hi all, long story short, my neighbor hit my car while my car was parked, bonnet scratched and dented, radiator grill cracked in a few places, bumper popped in one side slightly, radiator cover clips sheared and not sure what the damage behind the bumper!

Anyway, my neighbor admitted the fault, contacted his insurance this morning, they contacted me and I can use one of their garage for a repair and the garage is Mitchell Inglis Ltd. Insurance assured me that hey are Lexus approved body shop but I can't find this online but they are approved body shop for BMW, Audi, MB and Jag, plus I saw a few pictures of the cars they worked on and they look pretty smart.

Scottish owners, has any of you used them? Are they any good or I need to watch our for something?

Also, does anyone know if bonnets are being repaired, i have 3 small dents at the centre of the bonnet close to the radiator grill or usually they are swapped over?

Thanks all.

Vlady

Sorry, don't know them, but most body shops work to a standard (unless its's a cheapo, back-street set up) So if the insurers recommend it I woudl say it should be OK,.

The other option is if you already have someone you know and trust ask the insurers if you can take it there. Get a comparative quote from your proferred shop and send it to the insurance company to show it will cost them like for like.

Whats the value of your car?

Ive just had a recent insurance run in when an insurance approved body shop pretty quickly ran up a bill that exceeded the value the insurance co put on it (not my valuation) before even looking underneath the car.

I had to fight to retain the "salvage" and a value i had to begrudgingly accept.

The damage was one wing, some sundry trim parts, painting the wing and bumper then  a track rod and alignment.

£350 in parts, shed loads in labour.

Further more once they had the car i had to pay for it to be relayed home.

Suggest getting them to quote and repair costs agreed before parting with the keys...

34 minutes ago, duncan-uk said:

Whats the value of your car?

Ive just had a recent insurance run in when an insurance approved body shop pretty quickly ran up a bill that exceeded the value the insurance co put on it (not my valuation) before even looking underneath the car.

I had to fight to retain the "salvage" and a value i had to begrudgingly accept.

The damage was one wing, some sundry trim parts, painting the wing and bumper then  a track rod and alignment.

£350 in parts, shed loads in labour.

Hi Duncan, the value of the car probably £15k, I didn't expect it to be written off and luckily I received a text from them today saying that they ordered new parts and once they get it they will update me on how long it will take to fix it, so the car is not written off, thanks God!

@pauliexjr The garage looks fine on paper (online and some mixed reviews, mostly good and the worst one mostly due to luck of communication from them and rude receptionists) but the work they do is good so fingers crossed I will be the lucky one and my car will come out good!

I am planning to call them this afternoon to find out what exactly they are doing on it.

Driving Qashqai now, diesel in manual form, God it is different too my GS!

Ah thats ok, i was just suprised how they could get my repair to £1900 ex vat before even looking at the track rod when all the parts were £350 inc VAT it all felt like people taking the....

On 12/06/2019 at 13:00, duncan-uk said:

Ah thats ok, i was just suprised how they could get my repair to £1900 ex vat before even looking at the track rod when all the parts were £350 inc VAT it all felt like people taking the....

It does sound like you had your pants pulled down, and bent over with people taking the proverbial Duncan. We like to think insurance companies are definitely on our side in the case of a no fault claim, it's a salutary lesson to all, and certainly opened my eyes 're insurance companies.

Well the ins co is having it’s pants pulled down. I just kept the car and took the payout and then fixed it in an afternoon for much less. 

5 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

Well the ins co is having it’s pants pulled down. I just kept the car and took the payout and then fixed it in an afternoon for much less. 

Seems I got my wires crossed, apologies.

No worries. Apart from the hassle and cost to recover I’m actually up but the car is cat n. 

My post  was intended as a warning to be careful of insurance repairs. As I say to me it wasn’t a lot of work but the “approved repairer” seemed to want to make a meal nay feast of it :evil:

Mitchell Inglis are really good at accident repairs. When I had my old Topaz blue e39 sport a driver reversed into it while it was parked at my house. Thankfully they left all their details etc. I did a bit of research and requested that my car be repaired at Mitchell Inglis. So cannot fault their work. My car looked like new when I collected it from them. :mrgreen: that must have been back in about 2009/ 2010 though :shock: 

I can speak from personal experience that they are spot on.

theyre approved Bodyshop for lamborghini and Ferrari in the uk if that makes you feel any better 

@GStarrr and @Cribert thanks for a good news and sharing, I checked google as soon as I found out what garage it would be, I saw that they are approved by BMW, MB and Audi which calmed me down a bit but I didn't know that they also Lamborghini and Ferrari, this is even better!

It's still all down to human factor, how much they care. I had 2 cars fixed by Parks in East Kilbride and both times the job was badly done! And they are also BMW and VW approved body shop I think. Anyway, hopefully I will hear a good news today about my car - they said they will call me on Monday, which in most cases never happens! lol! 

You should give the place a visit. They generally have some supercars lying about after repair. The place is huge but still make you feel like you’re being looked after. I sent a clio 172 cup there once and the guy was really interested in the car even though there was a Mclaren sat about 10 feet away lol. If you want an even better place I’d recommend protek in Bathgate. I know one of the guys there too. I would say they’re even better than Mitchell Inglis 

Lad who used to work for me, his brother is a panel beater there, he gets to work on all sorts of exotica, like Ferrari's and lambos etc..  Girl at work who smashed her 1 Series took it to them on his say so.  She said they did a great job. I think they are in South Street.

They do get a good rep, but not used them myself. 

8 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

Lad who used to work for me, his brother is a panel beater there, he gets to work on all sorts of exotica, like Ferrari's and lambos etc..  Girl at work who smashed her 1 Series took it to them on his say so.  She said they did a great job. I think they are in South Street.

They do get a good rep, but not used them myself. 

Hi Andrew, thanks for a good news. The car was ready last night but I couldn't pick her up and I am working today, so the earliest I will see her is after work, I can't wait! I hope the job they did is a good one! I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks