edd_jedi

WiFi Hotspot Snap In Adapter

I have just acquired one of these for my E61, but I believe they fit any 2005+ BMW which takes snap in adapters. Does anybody know how to use it, or better still have the instructions? I cannot get it working, after I put my SIM card in the lower WiFi LED stops blinking and I can join the network, but there's no internet. Also the top LED never lights up, I assume it should do? Any help appreciated.

hotspot3.thumb.jpg.88dd5f52edbb0c6f66f321138afe2b37.jpg

Have to tried http://192.168.1.1 once connected to access the setup?

Ignore me, I see you already posted on the site I found that :mellow:

I guess it needs some form of factory reset?

Edited by GoNz0

Hi Edd_jedi,

Hopefully you'll have it working soon, the only thing that strikes me is from that time it'll be a 3G data connection and it'll use an early chipset/internal IC's for the 3G comms. Performance might not be all that great, but that of course depends on what you'll want to use it for. If it'll be just mainly data for your emails and light surfing you should be ok. Anything more resource hungry and it'll perhaps not cope so well. 

Cheers, Dennis!

41 minutes ago, edd_jedi said:

Yes there is a later LTE version, this is the earlier GSM version. Keeping an eye out for the LTE version but they are more expensive.

Ahh I see.

I got it working, turns out it doesn't like my EE sim card for some reason, works fine with my wife's O2 one. Have just ordered a 12GB/12 month SIM from Three, which was only £20. According to the specs I should get around 5-7MBps over 3G so although not ideal for video, plenty good enough for maps and general browsing etc.