Stu78

New E60 530D owner

Hi everyone,

Just purchased my E60 530D a few weeks ago.  

Just a new set of headlights to buy due to the current ones being all clouded inside but other than that i'm very happy with it.

Here are a few early pics after a quick clean followed by some poor boys black hole and FinishKare Hi-Temp Wax.  Dull dark day but it popped the next day when the sun came out.  Will have to get some better pics up soon.

Some early pics of the inside too but it's since had a good clean and a treated to a new set of OEM car mats.

It's in today for an oil and filter change, fuel filter, air filter and pollen filters,  and general check over which is what I always do after buying a used car.  The EGR is also getting removed and blanked off along with a remap.  

20190509-113137000-i-OS.jpg

20190509-113138000-i-OS.jpg

20190509-113140000-i-OS.jpg

20190509-113145000-i-OS.jpg

20190525-184506754-i-OS.jpg

20190525-184519294-i-OS.jpg

20190525-184532901-i-OS.jpg

20190525-184549410-i-OS.jpg

20190525-184556647-i-OS.jpg

20190525-184826913-i-OS.jpg

I like the leather colour, it works well in a black or dark blue car.

Electric seats too, very posh, are they full comfort ones?

Those were the wheels my last E60 had, best in the range IMO.

Looks tidy, well done Sir.

6 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

I like the leather colour, it works well in a black or dark blue car.

Electric seats too, very posh, are they full comfort ones?

Those were the wheels my last E60 had, best in the range IMO.

Looks tidy, well done Sir.

Thanks Andrew.

Sadly not the comfort ones.  Full electrics for both passenger and driver and head rests too.  I wish they were comfort I had those in my M3 I had with the side bolster adjustment and the front leg support that came out.

The interior I wanted was black but when I seen a black car with the beige cream I must admit I liked the combination.  The only thing is the mats show every little bit of dirt but I had an OEM used front set when I got the car so they will be used in the winter and I have a brand new full front and back set of OEM ones for the summer.

Just found out today that 5 of my 6 glow plugs need replacing but ordered all 6 from carparts4less for £69 with discount so not the end of the world.

Just new headlights now and a set of LED inside and outside lights from a guy on the M3cutters forum who does them all for the E60's and the car will be to my liking then.

Edited by Stu78

Congrats on the purchase mate... I have just got myself a 530D SE Pre LCI (see im learning stuff already lol) as well in silver and am looking to see what basic maintenance i should be looking to do before enjoying the car properly. 

Welcome @fizz.

Regular oil and filter changes for a start, every year or 10,000 miles no longer than that.

Oh and one bit of advice free from me, change your avatar, he creeps me out.  My littl'un likes him though.:D

56 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

Welcome @fizz.

Regular oil and filter changes for a start, every year or 10,000 miles no longer than that.

Oh and one bit of advice free from me, change your avatar, he creeps me out.  My littl'un likes him though.:D

I like to stand out a bit from the flood of avatars and those who recognise him are on my wavelength! :D

I'll take a couple of pics later today and post them up in a new thread rather than hijacking @Stu78. Sorry bro! lol

Yes, the early pre LCI models with downward pipes mean they are Euro 3 emissions which means no DPF. so no need to follow my lead as a newbie  when I first bought my October 2003 530d, and spent £24 on Archoil Max Professional diesel engine turbo, CAT and DPF cleaner.   As you do when you first get one of these and want everything right. You soon learn! :wub:

By the way, my headlights were ten times worse than yours and I also assumed it was on the inside.  Not So!   Due to limited funds I bought the Meguiars Headlight Restoration Kit,  and although it took three goes and a bit of time and effort to remove all the haze it turned out just fine in the end.  Damn sight cheaper than replacement units so worth a try at £15.00 and a sore arm.

Edited by oldjohnny
Additional info.