B21playa

Removing plenum e39 M5

8 hours ago, DatV8 said:

Great progress.  Did you get to the bottom of that coolant leak?

Unfortunately not. 

Struggling with bank2 exhaust cam sensor as well, heater pipes are getting in the way. Hoping to drain coolant after work tomorrow and remove pipes to do sensor 

Bank 2 injectors done, and also replaced vacuum pipe that goes from bank 2 throttle body which might go to fuel filter.

Edited by B21playa

Had to order new copper washers, will be here tomorrow, hope to get housing off today to change lower oil seperator hoses and the final cam sensor. Then its time to put everything back together.

Can someone take a pic of their engine bay, I have a relay on the passenger side flitch with wire disconnected - no idea what these are for

Edited by B21playa

I have this one handy but if you need detail of a particular area I will do what I can.

There are no visible relays in the engine bay on mine.

F992E6BA-581F-4146-9E3E-A74F73169F3A.thumb.jpeg.f3bf3db9775132afa6bea56323464a82.jpeg

On 17/06/2019 at 17:13, THe39M5 said:

I have this one handy but if you need detail of a particular area I will do what I can.

There are no visible relays in the engine bay on mine.

F992E6BA-581F-4146-9E3E-A74F73169F3A.thumb.jpeg.f3bf3db9775132afa6bea56323464a82.jpeg

Thanks

The relay does look aftermarket, as there a cable running from right to left which has been zip tied to the main loom. There’s also a cable going to the oil filter housing. Maybe these are remnants of a old supercharger install - will have to trace all the cables to see where they go

Edited by B21playa