Hi Folks, 

A conundrum for you.  Having problems with the near side rear air suspension; symptoms:

• only effects the nearside; offside is fine.
  • drops periodically (becoming more often) when car is parked up and engine is switched off 
  • will normally drop within a minute or two and you can hear a release of air from the back of the car 
  • seems to be susceptible when the temperature drops a little (but TBH that could just be coincidence)
  • when I start the car up, it levels out and all looks fine
  • recently when driving, I've gone through a few bumps and smaller pot holes and it feels like its dropped (feels like its on its bump stops - again, only on the one side); after 20s or so it sets itself level again and I can continue. 

Originally when it started happening, I took it to the dealers. They ran through their standard tests and couldn't find any problems (not sure the suspension dropped whilst there); they checked the air bags - no leaks.

Getting worse (again, only on the one side) so dropped it down to my local garage - it didn't drop whilst there; they lifted it, checked for leaks... nothing. No error/fault codes reported either.

Their thinking:

• can't find any leaks - not the air "bags"
  • likely the compressor, but there's no fault codes indicating there's any real problem there.

Again, it only happens on the one side. If it was a compressor side problem I'd have expected it to effect both sides...

Any ideas?

Thanks! 

Common fault. It is the bags, get them changed.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Thx. Yes, common problem. Swapping out the bags was my first thought after reading a fair few forum posts on the subject. 

Both the dealer and the local garage are convinced there's no sign of leaks and the latter is pointing me towards the compressor. Just wondering if there's anything else that I (or they) could be missing based on the above symptoms? 

I'd have assumed that if it was the compressor it would impact both the near & offside simultaneously?

The replaced my compressor, didn't change a thing. I eventually forced them to change the bags...... Issue gone.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

I have the problem that both of my bags, when they go down (which is intermittent) go down together. Compressor always pumps up sharply. If the bags are independent then I wonder if it is a valve issue?