Sign in to follow this  
The Flying Banana

E39 530i Sport purchase - pics :)

Some pics of the 530i I bought .. impulse buy , lots on it and a very original car .. gearbox oil cooler pipe burst :( Gearbox is toast .. ran well prior and was decent strong engine

So had many thoughts when I bought it .. decent 3.0 engine for the 520 E34 ? Engine for compact ? Sadly it looks like just too much work to make these things feasible

So thought about sticking a gearbox in it , not sure but here are some pics of it .. needs a real good wash which will be satisfying to do then see what the score is

Its all there , the original beige mats under the rubber ones, period flip phone, toolkit, fire extinguisher and first aid kit too

IMG-1671.png

IMG-E1669.jpg

IMG-1664.jpg

IMG-1665.jpg

Sounds like a project Scott! What’s up with the front end? Looks like it has no springs?

Looking forward to seeing it after you've washed it. 

Don't think I've seen Slate Green with Sand Beige before,  usually Black or Slate Green leather. 

interior is odd I think ,

its full sand beige , carpets , seats , dash etc but has a black roof lining and pillars etc

Also has standard Aluminium trim

I know its a sport but honestly I think it would have looked better with a beige roof lining and walnut trim

1 hour ago, The Flying Banana said:

interior is odd I think ,

its full sand beige , carpets , seats , dash etc but has a black roof lining and pillars etc

Also has standard Aluminium trim

I know its a sport but honestly I think it would have looked better with a beige roof lining and walnut trim

Same interior as my previous Sapphire Black E39 had... Swap the alu trim for wood, looks miles better IMO

Looks a cracking project though Scott ;) 

13 minutes ago, The Flying Banana said:

going to see if I can get wood for it at weekend ..

Didn't realise you like the E39's that much Scott :D

Sorry mate. Couldn't resist.

Funny enough there is an E32 in manual flavour on ebay at the mo.

Not struck on the colour...

Brown!

This is the one to have though:

Pina

This is in your neck of the woods:

Edited by red35

I saw that 740 .. I like it but man the prices are going thru the roof , how much I regret not getting yours !!!

The E39 is for sale now lo .. I have too much on , bought it on impulse so moving it on .. I thought about engine swaps into other cars I have or putting it back on road .. kidding myself on , I haven't even sorted my other E39 with an MOT and it needs next to nothing done so whats the chances of me doing this one !

I will clean it tho , that will be satisfying :)

I still miss that 7 but I'm enjoying the V8 noises from my 6er which eases the pain! :D

I know what you mean about lack of time. Had to let my Supra go last year as it was just rotting away on the drive.

Good luck with the sale mate.