My E39 has a problem it shows an error with OBD2 scanner error code is "1DF5 not present" DDE engine immobiliser EWS and 1E05 not present "control panel, cruise control.

the car cranks but no start.

it is a 525d. your help is much appreciated

5 hours ago, Clavurion said:

Sounds like lost EWS-DDE sync (cranks but won't allow injection). Can be set with proper diagnostics.

thanks Clavurion for the quick response, actually today i tried the car with petroleum soaked in a cloth and placed near the EGR valve opening and the car started right away.... but the error still comes up with the OBD 2 Scanner..." 1df5 not present".. could these be the injectors as i see on the dash board an orange DDE Light.

If the engine started with flammable aid it can't be the immobiliser sync more likely low rail pressure on start usually caused by leaky injector or failed o-ring on rail pressure regulator. Check the codes with some proper BMW diagnostics and measure injector leak off.

4 minutes ago, Ugbimmer said:

thanks Clavurion, it might be true because i can smell some diesel....and usually have this error message low fuel pressure at start up.. so where is the o ring... i replaced the one for the high fuel pressure when i used to get air bubbles in the fuel lines and this problem disappeared so now i'm wondering where the o ring for the rail pressure regulator...

I am also yet to test my injectors using the syringe 20ml/2min method.

thanks buddy

I'm not sure which o ring you have already replaced. Rail pressure regulator is at the rear of HP fuel pump.

58 minutes ago, Ugbimmer said:

OK WILL CHECK THIS OUT TOMORROW.....BUT SEEMS THE INJECTORS ARE ALSO WARN OUT AS RECENTLY THE CAR USED TO PUFF OUT WHITE SMOKE..

Fuel/injector related smoke would be black (soot). White smoke is usually coolant and bluish grey oil.

17 minutes ago, Clavurion said:

Fuel/injector related smoke would be black (soot). White smoke is usually coolant and bluish grey oil.

there is couple of videos that i watched on youtube before concluding that it might be the injectors... the car engine also shakes a bit at startup and it experiences hard starts.... one of the videos is on this link.....

I am new to INPA software i just bought a couple and installed this software from bimmergeeks.net.. the first diagnosis i made gave the following readings... but i trying to make sense out of this see word document attached.

can any one with an experience to INPA please help with the interpretation.

Doc2.docx

Unfortunately the super-imposition of the on screen the keyboard masks some of the INPA readings but the fault codes indicate that your battery voltage is too low and that there is a problem with the rail pressure monitoring. I can't see the pre supply pressure figure in analog 1 but it should be at least 4. I imagine that the in line supply pump might struggle to deliver that with well under 12 volts.

Clavurian knows his stuff and I would be guided by what he has said. The other possible source of the problem is the pressure sensor on the end of the common rail. When my 525d failed to start it was due to low rail pressure because that sensor was not getting a signal from the ECM. In my case it was a blown fuse to the ECM but a lot of effort was exhausted before this was diagnosed. I should have followed the correct procedure and measured the input to the sensor. There is a good YouTube video on this.

13 minutes ago, stevecvo said:

Unfortunately the super-imposition of the on screen the keyboard masks some of the INPA readings but the fault codes indicate that your battery voltage is too low and that there is a problem with the rail pressure monitoring. I can't see the pre supply pressure figure in analog 1 but it should be at least 4. I imagine that the in line supply pump might struggle to deliver that with well under 12 volts.

Clavurian knows his stuff and I would be guided by what he has said. The other possible source of the problem is the pressure sensor on the end of the common rail. When my 525d failed to start it was due to low rail pressure because that sensor was not getting a signal from the ECM. In my case it was a blown fuse to the ECM but a lot of effort was exhausted before this was diagnosed. I should have followed the correct procedure and measured the input to the sensor. There is a good YouTube video on this.

Thank you Stevecvo, I will send a clear version of this after next diagnosis. but is there A WAY THAT I CAN ADDRESS THIS GERMAN OUTPUT, The first error message in the doc.

As mentioned, leaking injectors, o-ring in pressure regulator or bad pre-supply.  I can't see the actual supply pressure because the on screen keyboard.

One version of my INPA gives me some outputs in German. I run them through Google translate to find out what it means in English (as I did with your error messages)

First code is for low supply voltage on DDE. And the values showing voltage under 7 V. At this point I would not use much effort on this one. Though it doesn't hurt to open e-box under pollen filter housing to check that there are no signs of water damage.

The second code is for low rail pressure at start. Rail pressure values 80-160 bar. Rail pressure should be above 200 bar on start. So again leaky injector or failed o-ring on rail pressure regulator the usual suspects. On those codes supply pressure is also a bit low 3,15 - 3,3 bar. With a healthy inline fuel pump the pressure should be near 4 bar. Though no symptoms should occur if the pressure is above 3 bar on start.

On 5/15/2019 at 9:42 PM, Clavurion said:

If the engine started with flammable aid it can't be the immobiliser sync more likely low rail pressure on start usually caused by leaky injector or failed o-ring on rail pressure regulator. Check the codes with some proper BMW diagnostics and measure injector leak off.

hello all, I tried running INPA last time and here are the screen shots that i observed. Guys i know little about INPA interpretation... need you help here.

Doc1bmw.docx

Hello pals, was trying to check the diesel pressure regulator valve, is there any way to check for it's potency using a multimeter... Will appreciate your help here is the photo,
the car always gives a low fuel pressure..below 3.5bars, See image of the part I'm referring to. Would love a millimeter reading be it ohms or Voltage. db298a28fff4a44c5806fe50cbcd97f5.jpg11ec5b568b56f1469b8b784c2625c3cb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hello all, it has been a while, I did an injector return test using syringe method and found out that 3,4,&5 injectors need replacement. Could these be a good reason for the low pressure?da4ca83257b3c5c60f5e4e4cb2243bff.jpg

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-H using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Ugbimmer said:

Hello all, it has been a while, I did an injector return test using syringe method and found out that 3,4,&5 injectors need replacement. Could these be a good reason for the low pressure?

How long did you run the engine on idle for those amounts?

A low pre supply pressure points to an underperforming inline fuel pump which sits under the body below the front passenger seat. My pump gives a pressure of a bit over 4.  The rail pressure should be about 300 on start and while  I have no direct personal experience but I guess that 3 badly performing injectors would affect that pressure. 

I have never seen anything about testing the pressure regulator but  there is a YouTube video about testing the pressure sensor on the end of the rail and this sends a signal to the pressure regulator.

Judging by the state of that air filter and the engine bay it must be pretty dusty where you live.

A low pre supply pressure points to an underperforming inline fuel pump which sits under the body below the front passenger seat. My pump gives a pressure of a bit over 4.  The rail pressure should be about 300 on start and while  I have no direct personal experience but I guess that 3 badly performing injectors would affect that pressure. 
I have never seen anything about testing the pressure regulator but  there is a YouTube video about testing the pressure sensor on the end of the rail and this sends a signal to the pressure regulator.

Judging by the state of that air filter and the engine bay it must be pretty dusty where you live.
Stevecvo indeed your right, its pretty dusty here in Uganda but also this air cleaner housing cloth requires replacement,...I have been working with shabby mechanics who touch almost everything they come across. Thanks for the comment. I agree that the these injectors affect the pressure of the rail...I working towards removing the 5th injector but not an easy job. I will greatly appreciate your advice.

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-H using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Ugbimmer said:

For about 30seconds

So injectors Nr.3 and Nr.5 are 4 times the accepted 20 ml @ 2 min. Definitely need changing/refurbisment. Nr.4 is also over the limit but won't yet cause problem if those other two are renewed.

Removing the the injectors is not that difficult if your car is not the first versions and there is o ring on the injector body. Just loosen the small bolts on injector clamp and run engine until the injector looses up and starts to leak compression. Then retighten and do the same on other injectors you are going to remove. Then remove intake manifold and the injectors are to just lift out. And before the task run engine warm.