chopp

E39 M5

Hi All,

As I'm reaching retirement age next year I think it's time to put my pride and joy up for sale. I'm lucky enough to be on my third M5 So have some idea what I'm talking about. Quick history - bought from another forum member in 2016. The work he did was monumental and is listed below. Since I have had the car all I have done is improved minor details, its in tiptop condition as you can see from the photos which are recent. All under side of car looks as clean as the top as the mechanics always mention when it goes for its MOT it's spot on. Service history is good but previous owner did own service for 5 years so isn't stamped but mileage didn't reach service interval timer. I have owned for around 3 years just had more detailing done again on car - wheels, interior, paint work etc. 

It’s a 2002 'facelift' in Lightwater Blue metallic. Apparently, this a rare colour for this year of manufacture. It has all the usual spec but has factory DSP pro stereo, split rear seats, and rear window power blind inc manual side rear blinds.

Work completed by previous owner;

Input shaft seal was changed and whilst the prop was out a prop-shaft centre bearing was installed along with various exhaust brackets that had rusted through
Changed the thermostat, plugs, air filters, pollen filters. 
Coil pack covers polished and resprayed in high temperature paint

Plenum removed and cleaned

Cleaned PF housing

New filter installed

New hoses and separator valves installed

Cleaned trumpets

New power steering pipe

New front and rear callipers

Front disks shot blasted and skimmed

Braided brake lines from Goodridge

Genuine BMW Rocker Cover Gaskets and Seals - both banks, Oil Recover Solenoid seals - both sides, Sump Gasket and all new bolts

New rear panel

External trim replaced with new

Interior trim polished

Cam chain tensioner

Exhaust support and the bracket support arms sent off for cleaning and powder coating

New silencers installed

The rear discs were removed, all cleaned up and new brake shoes were installed. 

Top Strut Mount bearings
Struts
Springs
Thrust Arms
Centre Tie Rod
Tie Rod ends
Stabiliser Arms
Anti-roll bar bushes
Anti-roll bar bush brackets
All bolts and nuts were also replaced with brand new genuine BMW parts.

Replaced all the suspension components

Wheel bearings

New disks and pads

Upgraded to white LED angel eyes

92,000 miles on clock. I'm asking £18,000 to forum members only as I want her to go to an enthusiast like me.

Cheers,

Chopp :) :twisted:

IMG_0674.JPG

IMG_0676.JPG

IMG_0677.JPG

IMG_0680.JPG

IMG_0681.JPG

IMG_0682.JPG

IMG_0683.JPG

IMG_0684.JPG

IMG_0686.JPG

IMG_0687.JPG

IMG_0695.JPG

IMG_0690.JPG

IMG_0691.JPG

IMG_0692.JPG

IMG_0693.JPG

IMG_0698.JPG

IMG_0699.JPG

IMG_0700.JPG

IMG_0702.JPG

IMG_0708.JPG

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0711.JPG

IMG_0712.JPG

IMG_0713.JPG

Edited by chopp
Missed off mileage

Cheers John pics don't do it justice it's show standard!! Love it still just shame it not doin it!! Needs drivin!

That's stunning... 8) 

Such a shame you feel you need to sell; would have thought retirement would have allowed you to drive it more...

GLWTS; really hope it goes to a fellow enthusiast

stunning car bud and fair play to you for keeping it in such great condition as well. 

really hope this finds a good home - try and justify keeping it if you can, as mentioned you might have some more time to drive and enjoy it now :)  it's been well maintained so enjoy the hassle free driving for a couple of years! 

Cheers m8 weird this! As u get older u can afford more toys!:D I'm in fortunate/unfortunate position of havin 3 motors!! Long story! All old cars I've got ml merc daughter driving at min!. Gonna buy off me?? Old Rangel l322 which is daily runner had 6 months! Love it!! An my babe M5 which is livin under car cover not getting used! Should I keep an hope prices go up!?:rolleyes:

12 hours ago, chopp said:

Cheers m8 weird this! As u get older u can afford more toys!:D I'm in fortunate/unfortunate position of havin 3 motors!! Long story! All old cars I've got ml merc daughter driving at min!. Gonna buy off me?? Old Rangel l322 which is daily runner had 6 months! Love it!! An my babe M5 which is livin under car cover not getting used! Should I keep an hope prices go up!?:rolleyes:

there's no hope about it bud, prices are definitely on the up! the Range is a great daily, but the M5 will keep you young :D

When I retired, I purchased the car of my dreams and you are planning to sell yours on retirement. Where is the sense in that? Look at the condition of that beautiful car!!!

Sorry if I am being a little strong, but, there is absolutely no way I would sell that if I were in your position. I would keep it in mint condition for years to come!!!

Cant remember if you mentioned why you are selling it, but, think again sir...............

Long haired one in doors telling me same thing!! Kids saying same!! :rolleyes::rolleyes: just seems shame keeping beast under car cover an not getting used much!! :roll:?? Glad you all like her :):) ohh decisions/decisions!! Thanks all for feedback!:wink: