Y15HAL

Machine Polishing marks...

Good Afternoon All,

ive recently bought an F10 from Sytner.

the car looks like it’s had a machine polish (either at the dealer or from previous ownership) and you can see marks on the car from certain angles when the sun hits it.......looks like monogramming/polishing trails.......

i can’t take any pics of it at the moment, as it’s back with the dealership to get an alloy refurbished.

What are the chances of the dealership taking ownership of this? They are not local to me, so I can’t just take it back for them to have a look.....

Edited by Y15HAL

4 minutes ago, Y15HAL said:

What are the chances of the dealership taking ownership of this?

The square root of f£$% all mate.

Its probably just had a bad valet and it needs a machine polish now to sort out the swirl marks that the dealer has polished into it.

My knowledge of this is now from 10 years ago but I successfully removed swirl marks and holograms out of several cars with varying paint types with a Megs G220 Dual action polishing machine with Menzerna polish and Menzerna pads.

I thought as much!!

i actually own a machine polisher, so should be able to tackle it myself, just wondered the chances of them doing something about it!

i thought I’d better not hold my breath!!! 

2 hours ago, Paddy O'Furniture said:

If it was the dealer that put them there why let them get their hands on the car again? Surely they'll just do the same again. 

Because it would go back to another dealer for correction - not that they may be any better than the dealer i bought from!! :| 

24 minutes ago, Y15HAL said:

Because it would go back to another dealer for correction - not that they may be any better than the dealer i bought from!! :| 

Exactly.  You're never going to get a quality job from the dealers minimum wage wash monkeys. 

No dealer would be able to correct it as they all pretty much employ the same poor techniques, which is invariably by means of a quick rotary polish using incorrect polishes, incorrect / dirty pads and incorrect techniques, this is how they always manage to impart the holograms and buffer trails, marring etc. 

If they are willing to admit they did that, then the best thing is to get a good detailer on it and have the dealer pay the bill for it, or DIY if you feel up to it. 

The condition of new cars leaving factories and dealerships is pretty shocking really. 

On 29/08/2019 at 21:08, Paddy O'Furniture said:

It's strangely addictive and can get very expensive,  be warned. :lol:

I know this with the extensive build up products i have accumulated :D

Unfortunately, don't get alot of time to use any of them! :( The intentions are good though :P