I know the feeling. My one is swirl city at the min. Once I get it mechanically sound I’ll be saving for a respray as aside from the swirls the paint I a bit tired. Toying with a colour change but can’t decide what to go for.

What did you use to clean/polish yours?

I suspect to the disgust of many on here who actually know how to look after paint I used and single bucket and sponge. Dried it using a microfibre cloth and stood back to admire

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Somebody has looked after your cars paint better that the person who had my car before me. It looks well after a wash providing you stand well back and not in direct sun light :-(.

On 04/05/2019 at 19:54, RandomName said:

I know the feeling. My one is swirl city at the min. Once I get it mechanically sound I’ll be saving for a respray as aside from the swirls the paint I a bit tired. Toying with a colour change but can’t decide what to go for.

What did you use to clean/polish yours?

You'll be amazed at what a good detailer can do to the paint. I wouldn't go down the respray route unless there's chips and scratches which are deep. Consider a machine detail first, maybe even go and see a local detailer to see what they think is possible. It'll also save you a few quid!

@sanjx this is beyond the skills of a detailer. Someone painted the bonnet to ‘get rid of stone chips’ but they should never have be allowed near a spray gun. There’s enough paint on the bonnet to cover the entire car. Then they attacked it with a buffing machine. Looks ok from a distance but when you’re fussy about paint I think it needs redone. There’s a couple of small rust blisters on the back arch and tailgate so may as well get the whole thing sorted.

ahh ok

I would use it as a practicing bonnet before having a respray. Sounds perfect for trying abit of wet sanding and polishing technique's

I love Carbon Black in the certain lights, here is mine.

B63AB3F6-DDF5-49FB-8E40-C48422A8AC49.jpeg

I loved the look of my black E39, but so glad I now have a silver one (which still appears clean even when a bit grubby and dusty :lol:)IMG_20160314_121554_burst_03.thumb.jpg.d4898887765b0b48d8c187e19cf3e65a.jpg20181013_121610_HDR-1.jpg.765a1d7d0540fce143e208bb8e19d196.jpg 

On 17/10/2019 at 06:49, Phill20d said:

Carbon black when clean is the DB you just need to clean and look after it properly.

BF4D4030-FBBA-4226-BE42-56BE8CEB3FF7.thumb.jpeg.c8f8ea1eda6f207fc58cd1b9b5c27fe8.jpeg

That looks more like saphire black than carbon black

21 hours ago, Mo_1986 said:

Here's mine after it rained;

5F95B9B3-0E71-4570-AF05-28FEF44ABF9B.jpeg

Got any from the front?

like to see the grill