RichardP

Firmware 6.02-7155 - Fix for GPS Epoch limit on 6th April 2019

cheers, thought it was odd before, but set it to manual.

Silly question, but witht he right adapter how long youd you expect this to take to upload?

We have a old one at work but feels like it takes 3-4 minutes

It will take a couple of minutes to do the update.

With the FTDI chip set there is a setting you can change that speed it up quite a bit, for other chip sets there may be similar settings but I'm not sure what they are if they do exist.

For the FTDI chipset run Device Manager, right click the Serial Port device and select Properties.  Select the 'Port Settings' tab and then 'Advanced'.  Reduce the 'Latency Timer' value from the default of 16 to 1.  If this causes issues (retries etc.) increase the value a bit.

cheers, Yeah i thing its a FTDI one. Not like i upgrade it often just seems so slow

Odd thing was in device manager it showed as a standard serial interface, but in the firmware uploaded it showed as a blutooth something 

I think the COM Port names in the downloader was a bit of a hack by Simon which works most of the time, but not all.  Unfortunately I don't have the source code for it to try and improve it.

ha, it just confused me on old laptop it was names something id expect, and what ever it pulled this time was a wtf moment.

Hopefully wont have to update it again, cant believe it took me this long to find out why date was out