Sign in to follow this  
chicaneuk

Coventry Motofest?

Hey folks.. wondered if anyone would be interested in a small club stand at Coventry Motofest? 

https://www.coventrymotofest.com

It's a great event. They essentially close off half the city ring road and open it up to time trialled motorsport events. They run all kinds of stuff - last year they had Jaguar ex-Le Mans cars, and an Aston Martin Vulcan running. There's also plenty of classics, proper racing cars, drift cars.. something for every petrolhead. Being based in the City Centre too, you're not gouged on food and drinks during the day as it's all the normal bars and restaurants, etc at normal prices and there's plenty of cool stuff to see. And, at the end of the day, cars which have been on show are entitled to take to the closed portion of the ring road for a quick parade drive which is actually a chance for a blast (which is admittedly short, but still cool) before heading on their way. 

I've been going for a few years now as I live in the city and now I've had my E39's a couple of years thinking it'd be pretty cool perhaps to get a few like minded folks together for a small 5 series based stand? 

Not much time left - event is at the start of June but if there's any serious interest in the next couple weeks, I could make enquiries with the organisers. 

Thanks. 

Edited by chicaneuk

Looks like a good event Jim. Is that part of the ring road that's closed off?

5 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

Looks like a good event Jim. Is that part of the ring road that's closed off?

Yep! :) It's quite a unique event in many respects as it basically takes over most of the city centre. It surprises me in this day and age that the council and the city get behind it but it seems to get bigger and bigger every year.