Sign in to follow this  
The Flying Banana

Style 66s on my E34

SO I bought these 66s from Dan as I thought I wanted them on my E34 … turns out I think I prefer the 15” originals but I took the opportunity to take the 15s off and get them all cleaned and waxed behind etc now winter has passed and to keep them mint.

A couple of pics to see what the thoughts are .. I think it looks a bit American ( probably because it seems a popular wheel choice in USA on E34s when googled  ) and I think that ties in with the US style side markers.

Just thought I would share , normal service resumed with 15s shortly

IMG-E1517-1.jpg

IMG-E1518-1.jpg

IMG-E1519-1.jpg

Trouble is if you start lowering etc etc you loose the appeal of the car i think.

On my 525e i stuck with 15" to keep the wafty ride and resisted making it something it wasn't.

I had those on my tds touring when I bought it, agreed they look a bit out of place on the standard SE suspension, I later got a set of springs and dampers from an Alpina 535i which sorted the height lovely.

but then I bought some 17x 8" RC090's as the 9" rears were too expensive to get tyres for.

nothing strange at all about the arch to wheel centre not changing,   you changed the wheel not a spring :lol:

though nowadays its sat on the 15" remoulds and the slight drop and looks fine !

I think the 66s look okay on the car, but knowing that they are E39 kit they look a little 'wrong' to me. However, someone 'not in the know' may think they're fine, so it's just a matter of personal opinion. 

And yes, sits rather high as well.  

10 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

Sits too high with them - a little drop and they would look good.

2 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

And yes, sits rather high as well.  

I was going to say the same thing.  The 17" diameter looks spot on,  it's just sitting a touch too high. 

I used to have them on my old e34 TDS SE. I liked them on the E34, they had Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres on them and the grip was immense. It had a chip upgrade to so was about 180bhp. Bloody fun car to drive too.