Sign in to follow this  
justinluck

I need confirmation please. Diagnostic Plug

Please can someone check their Diag plug under their bonnet.  1997 year 525TDS.  Are your pins the same localisation as mine or has someone been messin around in this forsaken pit of a car of mine.   PAsoft diag system works just fine.  Convert to the K+Dcan cable and this is where INPA fails.  Clearly pins 17+15 are missing in this picture.  Cannot figure out if it should look like this.  Odd how PAsoft works but INPA-- seriously common..

diage39.jpg

A 1997 car will have an ADS interface possibly ??

I know I once tried (and failed) to get INPA working on an old 1996 528i with my INPA which worked fine on a 1999 (pre facelift) and 2002 (facelift) car

is their anyway around this.  The americans clearly have no answers.  I have waited for 2 days for an answer and nothing.  I even asked a BMW guy on utube.  He claims the software is old and dont work.  I must buy his software to get somewhere.  I wont be parting $100+ to find it wont bleeding work.  If you tried on a very similar model then I believe you more than 90% of others.  So, I have to ask.  Is their anyway around this.?  I will try and look more about this ADS issue and to see if i have it.  Unless you know more about this than myself.  All I heard is something has to change, sadly the car is out of the question.  

okay this is what I found.  "You have an E30 to E36 BMW that makes use of the L-Line, you can see that pin15 of the 20pin socket is installed / wired. Those cars will have certain modules (ECUs) inside that will require a diagnostic mode called ADS to be accessible."  It is with regret that i do NOT have pin 15....  look at the pictue again 13   15  17 are missing.

reading on more.  "You have an E38 or above that does not use the L-Line anymore and does not have pin15 of the 20pin socket is installed / wired. Those cars and all modules (ECUs) inside them behave pretty much the same as the later 16pin OBD2 socket equipped ones, and you will have full access to all modules (ECUs) using Interfaces that were intended and designed for the 16pin OBD2 socket, all you will need is an Adapter from OBD2 female to the 20pin plug."  

So upon reading and looking at my picture I uploaded.  My car is not fitted with "Pin 15 The L Line" (ADS).

So now my next question is.  The K + D Can that I have has been tested on Pin 7 to the round plug Pins 17+20.  Yes they are Linked.  Now from the Male OBD2 connector to the USB plug.  Pin connctors 7+8 are in fact bridged together in the Interface block.  Thus leading me to another question.  Why in the bleeding hell does INPA say IFH0009.Or is MikeEASYtools at fault here..  Is this a cars fault or cabling fault.  Please remember that PAsoft is the only product that actually works on this car.

Edited by justinluck