chicaneuk

EGR bits for E39 530d Manual

Hi folks..

Fitted an EGR delete to my 530d a while back but now having some remorse given how much of a stinker the car is and want to reinstall it. Still have the EGR valve itself and the big pipe that runs to the exhaust manifold but missing the bits circled. Anyone break a 530d manual and have these? (I think the config on the auto is different for the bracket that secures the pipe to the motor). I'd buy the bits new from BMW but that little bracket doesn't seem to be sold alone and only comes as part of the pipe which is like £130! 

Screenshot 2019-04-14 at 20.28.50 copy.png

Edited by chicaneuk

I've got the bits from mine, but it's auto and different as you say.
Why stinker? Does it mean you're suffering from fumes? Surely that just means you haven't blanked the exhaust manifold end well enough.

Ah I mean stinker out of the exhaust.. I think I've got a bad injector and some days the car absolutely reeks of diesel. Been trying to gear myself up to attempt injector removal to send it off for refurb but not been brave enough yet. But my logic was that, at least with the EGR reconnected, it'd smell a bit less nasty. 

Weird. Mine is bad enough that I can stand across the road from it running and still smell acrid diesel fumes. Also the same when sat in traffic sometimes. It’s disgusting but like I say not sure what causes it and how to fix it. 

Figure it it has to be injectors. 

Edited by chicaneuk