BettySwollocks

Annoying Sat Nav in the display

Hi all 

I've got a 2018 G30 530e

I'm talking here about the centre display in front of the steering wheel not the 10 inch display. Can I ask, is there a way to turn off the Sat Nav in the centre display  ? It seems to come on as you are approaching a junction and then disappears when on a long stretch. I just want the Sat Nav on the 10inch display only

Cheers Darren  

Hi Darren,

I was playing about with mine recently and noticed that you can change the display options in the iDrive —> Displays—> Instrument Cluster, then there’s 3 options Standard, Reduced and Individual.

When I set it to reduced it doesn’t give me the navigation info on the centre display.

You can also configure individual settings for some things but not others.

There may be another way as well but give that a try.

Cheers

Joe

Interesting . I kind of agree as well that its annoying. I think it violates some display design principle, becasue you have two places to look at for the same info

5 minutes ago, Carrera77 said:

Interesting . I kind of agree as well that its annoying. I think it violates some display design principle, becasue you have two places to look at for the same info

Similar to Porsche

3 hours ago, Carrman2018 said:

I find HUD annoying (turned it off in i8)!

Wow! It's one of the best innovations in car design I have ever found. I would never buy another car without. Each to their own though :)

7 minutes ago, Hal9000 said:

Wow! It's one of the best innovations in car design I have ever found. I would never buy another car without. Each to their own though :)

How come its so expensive though.  All this tech is popping up everywhere.  My dishwasher has Floor Down Display (FDD) and I didnt even specify it :lol:

17 hours ago, Hal9000 said:

Totally agree...not annoying for me and a major contributor to my safety. But yes, its always going to be personal preference

17 hours ago, Hal9000 said:

Same. Very few features become absolute must haves for me - xenons or above was the last one many many years ago, HUD is the latest one for me.

I find the centre display between the speedo & rev counter quite useful. I think it is slightly quicker to look at than the mid-facia screen when approaching a junction. It saves having to take my eyes off the road for quite as long. Glancing down seems quicker than looking across (I suppose it could just be a feature of varifocal glasses!).