falcodub

Leather cleaning

Hi all

I'm looking at giving my newly purchased cars leather a clean and feed. 

I have no leather cleaning stuff left. Previously used gliptone and worked well but the interior on my new car is a bit nicer than I'm used to. 

Looking for recommendations. 

My interior is caramel heritage if that makes any difference?

Cheers

I've used Autoglym products - think they do a leather cleaner and a dressing. I was pleased with the result. When this ran out I bought Gliptone stuff. The result was about the same but overall I preferred the Autoglym in use, and the smell. Needs doing again now I think of it. 

I’ve always used the AG leather cleaner too, used a few others, but always went back to AG, it did the best job (we use it on the living room suite too)!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoglym-AG-215007-Leather-Cleaner/dp/B00114T7QC/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1C1249S98A10Y&keywords=maguires+leather+care&qid=1555228162&s=gateway&sprefix=Maguires+le%2Caps%2C146&sr=8-4

Then followed up with their conditioner:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoglym-AG-135008-Leather-500ml/dp/B00373L7OK/ref=sr_1_3?crid=17DHP80ZL4YQW&keywords=car+leather+conditioner&qid=1555228266&s=gateway&sprefix=Car+leather%2Caps%2C160&sr=8-3

Again, we use this on our living room suite too :lol: 

On 14/04/2019 at 08:51, d_a_n1979 said:

I’ve always used the AG leather cleaner too, used a few others, but always went back to AG, it did the best job (we use it on the living room suite too)!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoglym-AG-215007-Leather-Cleaner/dp/B00114T7QC/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1C1249S98A10Y&keywords=maguires+leather+care&qid=1555228162&s=gateway&sprefix=Maguires+le%2Caps%2C146&sr=8-4

Then followed up with their conditioner:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoglym-AG-135008-Leather-500ml/dp/B00373L7OK/ref=sr_1_3?crid=17DHP80ZL4YQW&keywords=car+leather+conditioner&qid=1555228266&s=gateway&sprefix=Car+leather%2Caps%2C160&sr=8-3

Again, we use this on our living room suite too :lol: 

I was about to post a query here for current recommendations for leather cleaning and conditioning, but no need now as I'll order these two AG products. I think I have the AG cleaner ' in stock' in my garage but it's a good few years old so some fresh stock is called for. :D

What do you apply the products with Dan? I've previously used fresh microfibre cloths, but there appears to be application pads available, or are they really of no further benefit?

The leather in the 540 appears to be in excellent condition, with no cracking or signs of wear. But assuming Mr Yashimoto never paid any attention to it there's no harm in giving it the treatment.

Edited by Loadmaster

1 hour ago, Loadmaster said:

I was about to post a query here for current recommendations for leather cleaning and conditioning, but no need now as I'll order these two AG products. I think I have the AG cleaner ' in stock' in my garage but it's a good few years old so some fresh stock is called for. :D

What do you apply the products with Dan? I've previously used fresh microfibre cloths, but there appears to be application pads available, or are they really of no further benefit?

The leather in the 540 appears to be in excellent condition, with no cracking or signs of wear. But assuming Mr Yashimoto never paid any attention to it there's no harm in giving it the treatment.

I just used microfibre towels too pal; but I also used a clothes brush to work the cleaner in a bit more; more so on the beige interior of my last 530i, you could see it lift cack out of the seats! I do similar to our leather suite too which is cream...

Then, wipe clean, let it air dry for a few mins and then work in the leather conditioner etc

I found Autoglym  leather cleaner a little harsh  on BMW (E34) leather ...  But their vinyl and rubber care is great for the engine bay keeping the wiring and hoses soft etc.   

Edited by Carl-e34