Sign in to follow this  
MN540

Insurance after MPPSK

Hi Guys

Im strugglng to get competitive insurance after installing the MPPSK. Can you recommend any companies that are mod friendly without being extortionate?

Many thanks

Chris Knott is decent, I use them for years now. 

What are you declaring it as on a comparison site I take it?

Exhaust aftermarket for road use

and engine chip/management. 

Some ask about 10% bhp gains. 

im waiting for Chris Knott to call me on Monday so will see how they do

25 minutes ago, mobilejo said:

Try Directline.

I declared my JB+ - and stated 15% BHP increase - My premium went up by around 5%.

Was that before or after you took out your cover?

The odd thing is that when I tried to get a quote from Direct Line declaring a remap they wouldn’t quote. I don’t have a remap yet so this was really with an eye to the future and I went with them anyway, but I’ve been wondering quite what’ll happen if I now get mine mapped and declare it part way through the year.

LV don’t seem too bad though not as cheap as direct Line.

Edited by Boba

20 minutes ago, mobilejo said:

It was after i already had the cover for a few months. 

Thats really interesting. My cost from DL is really quite low and I don’t want to screw it up accidentally.

1 minute ago, Boba said:

Thats really interesting. My cost from DL is really quite low and I don’t want to screw it up accidentally.

They were very easy going about mods. I declare everything and each time, they were fine with it and the cost was low.

You can ask them for a quote for mods that you are planning to do - they will tell you the price without changing the policy, then you can decide if you want to do the mods and call them back to get it added to the policy if you decide to do it.

1 hour ago, mobilejo said:

Try Directline.

I declared my JB+ - and stated 15% BHP increase - My premium went up by around 5%.

Will give them a try later.  Thanks 

Managed to get it sorted with Aviva. Exhaust mod can be declared online but had to call in to discuss engine tuning and add it to the online quote. Asked for bhp increase and cost of mod and the adviser got it authorised by the underwriter whilst I was waiting. Very efficient and friendly service. Would definitely recommend Aviva Car Insurance. 

I would stay stay away from Hastings at all costs. Your policy will be cancelled if you modify your car. As well as many other brokers who simply cannot quote for mods. Been a stressful day or so but very happy it is now resolved.