rgt1973

Any help with possible causes?

Had the car scanned properly today and got the attached faults. Is it possible to use INPA or DIS to recalibrate the relavant sensor? Also, the DPF issue, it said it had done a re-gen 118km ago and had no mileage remaining, however when it was running it was showing zero back pressure on the live data. Is it possible the DPF has been removed or gutted? Saw a feed somewhere about just telling the car the DPF has been replaced using DIS and all being well as the DPF s are good for many more miles than BMW reckon. Any advice much appreciated. 7f74df4e2c0461cefa5393fd683f36d4.jpgae9c60d6376c9f4dfafa67fd3ce65a78.jpg

Sent from my SM-T365 using Tapatalk

ISTA would probably be better where are you located?

the DPF probably has been removed but needs coding out.

ISTA would probably be better where are you located?
the DPF probably has been removed but needs coding out.
Burton on Trent, the diagnostic guy I used was good and said he could do more but without getting to the bottom of the existing faults he didn't want to cost me money. Do you know anyone in my area who could have a look?

It's possible the 6DC3 can be fixed by calibrating the unit but looking at your other post it may be the wrong ABS pump fitted to the car. It is possible the ISTA-P could code it to the car or even ISTA/D but I have never done that before so I really can't say without trying.

DPF is showing end of life and a zero pressure reading would indicate is is empty or it's blown the pipe off the sensor. EGR is also pointing towards being blocked off and not coded out.

If someone has smashed out the DPF and blocked the EGR only fixing them or having a remap will sort those codes and I can't remap!

It's possible the 6DC3 can be fixed by calibrating the unit but looking at your other post it may be the wrong ABS pump fitted to the car. It is possible the ISTA-P could code it to the car or even ISTA/D but I have never done that before so I really can't say without trying.

DPF is showing end of life and a zero pressure reading would indicate is is empty or it's blown the pipe off the sensor. EGR is also pointing towards being blocked off and not coded out.

If someone has smashed out the DPF and blocked the EGR only fixing them or having a remap will sort those codes and I can't remap!
The manufacture date on the pump from the scan was 2007, car is a 2008 so it has been replaced. Dealer I had it off has disappeared, not answering calls or messages and the website has gone. Just want to get it sorted now.

That isn't always a guarantee it has been changed as BMW buy quite a lot at a time but judging by the fact it has the error I expect you're right m8.

I'm in Ilkeston and don't mind taking a look, the only problem is I am off with the kids for the next 2 weeks so I can't do anything weekdays for the next 2 weeks.

If you have a diagnostic cable try installing ISTA/D (Rheingold) https://www.bimmergeeks.net/downloads

Follow the test plan it will let you create after reading the fault and see if you can calibrate it yourself?

Didn't you buy the car in Feb, with 6 months warranty?

Pic 1: Hard to make out, but have the manifold seals failed? Looks like maybe gunk has escaped. 

Pic 2: What's going on there? Blow-by pipe removed/cut off and EGR is disconnected (vacuum and position sensor)

Pic 3, 4, 5: That amount of gunk in the manifold is normal for a car that has clocked 150k miles.

Pic 7: Either the DPF was changed and it's counter reset, or the counter was just reset. 

Pic 8: see comment for Pic 2

Keliuss

Didn't you buy the car in Feb, with 6 months warranty?

Pic 1: Hard to make out, but have the manifold seals failed? Looks like maybe gunk has escaped. 
Pic 2: What's going on there? Blow-by pipe removed/cut off and EGR is disconnected (vacuum and position sensor)
Pic 3, 4, 5: That amount of gunk in the manifold is normal for a car that has clocked 150k miles.
Pic 7: Either the DPF was changed and it's counter reset, or the counter was just reset. 
Pic 8: see comment for Pic 2

Keliuss
Think the EGR has been sticking. DPF is being cleaned and re fitted. As for the warranty, the guy isn't really interested. Reckons the DPF is a wear and tear item and not his problem! I could chase it but it will just end up in a load of arguing and me not having a car. Sooner get it done myself and know it's done properly and not bodged. It's no worse in the manifold than my E320cdi was when I stripped and replaced the EGR, cooler and manifold.

Car is back and all sorted. Can't recommend Cosmic Automotive highly enough. Delivered above and beyond service and car back as promised all faults sorted and some advice about other jobs that may require attention but with no pressure to take it to them.

Glad you got it sorted! 
Well, it was sorted and running well until half way down the M5 on the way to Torquay in traffic it dissapeared in a cloud of white smoke, revving it's head off! Shut it off quick and checked oil, water etc and all seemed ok. Started it up again and it was running fine. Carried on cautiously until it started missing about 30 miles from Torquay. At this point I nursed it to our destination on the theory that if it was terminal it was already done! Will start and run but it's got a nasty knock. Hopefully it's an injector, no warning light, but I've been told they do fail mechanically which won't put the light on. So a nice ride on a recovery truck on Sunday evening for us!

Car collected today by Greenflag. Courtesy Monday supplied by the recovery company has got us home. 5 series to return on Tuesday or Wednesday and be delivered to Cosmic Automotive for diagnosis and repair.