Sign in to follow this  
duncan-uk

Any experience of the following body shops please

Cougar direct - Luton

Pennings Ltd Watford

MTS vehicle service LTD Watford

Manor Body Repairs Ltd

M Bodyworks Ltd Hoddesdon

Been offered these to fix my 530d but never heard of any of them!

Manor body repairs, Crown road Enfield? 

If so, I used them some years ago for repairs to the e34 after it was damaged whilst parked outside my mams house. A long established business, they did  a good repair and the paint match was pretty much spot on. Quick turnaround also. 

M repairs of hoddesdon I know of but have never used personally. It is located in the back of beyond however, far from town. Their car park was usually packed with vehicles waiting repairs though. 

Good luck.

Yes they did ask if I had one in mind but assume that means getting quotes approvals. Driving round etc which I can’t do. 

Do do you mean Barry or another?

11 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

Yes they did ask if I had one in mind but assume that means getting quotes approvals. Driving round etc which I can’t do. 

No, you have the right to take it to whoever you want*.  I told them mine was going to an approved BMW workshop, end of discussion. But I wasn't at fault and the other guy admitted liability straight away, perhaps that altered things?

I certainly didn't want to drive mine around getting quotes. 

*unless small print says otherwise.

Problem is I can’t drive the car nor have the time and to be honest I’ve never found a body shop I’ve been 100% happy with so I’ve checked out google reviews and chosen one and will be an arse if it’s not right!

On 11/04/2019 at 21:25, duncan-uk said:

Problem is I can’t drive the car nor have the time and to be honest I’ve never found a body shop I’ve been 100% happy with so I’ve checked out google reviews and chosen one and will be an arse if it’s not right!

"I have a very special set of skills that have been aquired over a period of time, and can be used to be your worse nightmare if my car is not repaired right"

You sound like Liam Neeson in the Taken film, Duncan lol