Jump to content
JDX-90

New G30 owner

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys,

 

I recently upgraded from an F10 520d to the G30 model.

 

I was torn between which engine to go for and after much deliberation I went for the 530i M Sport.

 

The car is amazing and feels so much better and smoother than the F10. (Which was surprising as that was a brilliant car)

 

I would have loved to go for the 540i to get that straight 6 but couldn’t really justify the extra cost and hit on economy and so far the 530i has been more than powerful enough, with even more to give once it’s broken in and I can rev it more :-)

 

Was looking at the service plan as I had this before but was disappointed to find it’s only 3 years / 30k miles rather than the 5 years, so how not sure if it’s worthwhile.

 

Any thoughts from other members?

 

Cheers

Joe

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JDX-90 said:

Hi Guys,

 

I recently upgraded from an F10 520d to the G30 model.

 

I was torn between which engine to go for and after much deliberation I went for the 530i M Sport.

 

The car is amazing and feels so much better and smoother than the F10. (Which was surprising as that was a brilliant car)

 

I would have loved to go for the 540i to get that straight 6 but couldn’t really justify the extra cost and hit on economy and so far the 530i has been more than powerful enough, with even more to give once it’s broken in and I can rev it more :-)

 

Was looking at the service plan as I had this before but was disappointed to find it’s only 3 years / 30k miles rather than the 5 years, so how not sure if it’s worthwhile.

 

Any thoughts from other members?

 

Cheers

Joe

 

 

 

Purely depends on how you drive the car. If you do around 14k miles a year, you will 100% get two services out of it. 

 

Just St need to calculate what works for you tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sjak92 said:

Purely depends on how you drive the car. If you do around 14k miles a year, you will 100% get two services out of it. 

 

Just St need to calculate what works for you tbh

 

Don’t completely understand this. The OP quoted 3 years / 30k miles. How does 14k/annum fit into this? 

Dont have a service contract myself so just interested.

FWIW I do relatively few miles so 3 years made it a waste of time.

Edited by Boba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

If you do 14k per annum, you will get 2 services from the car.

 

the car is programmed for a service every 24 months or roughly 14/15k miles based on mixed motorway and town usage. 

 

Hence, if that’s what you do, you will get two services for the £399 making it very worthwhile. 

 

If if you do less miles, you are more likely to be better off without the service pack as the car will not ask for a service until around month 24

 

30k/36 months is what the service pack covers. Anything above that is not covered. Used to be 50k/60 months on the F1x cars

Edited by sjak92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sjak92 is right. You just need to workout your annual mileage and be confident of that figure

 

I do about 9000 miles a year so I have no service contract. I will pay for one service only

 

Interesting choice of 530i. I thought roughly speaking the 530i was for the US market and the Euros get the 520d.  It seems to have decent specs and beats the 520d on 0-60 . Perhaps it will be more common with the negative press that diesels are getting 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first service is coming due. Car’s done about 7500 miles since new and the service indicator has been saying approx 14000 miles until this month when it’s now due. I guess the mileage element varies with the type of driving done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so yours is 7,000 plus 14000=21,000 miles? Thats  good

 

just checked and my service is due at 18,000 miles. exactly to spec 

 

everything to plan. The only issue is I've got some paint on my keyfob ….

Edited by Carrera77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the feedback.

 

I generally only do between 6k and 8k per year so sounds like the service plan is a waste of money for me.

 

The computer is currently saying 18K for the first oil service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carrera77 said:

so yours is 7,000 plus 14000=21,000 miles? Thats  good

 

 

Currently 7200 and due now but mileage left to run is 13000 so 20000-ish without the time element. Rather too long IMHO and I’d be tempted to change the oil more often if I was doing a higher mileage. 10000 miles sounds enough for a diesel without a change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×