Loadmaster

ULEZ Now Effective

I thought that London's ULEZ was already in force, but was being expanded in 2021. Seems I was wrong, as the central London restriction came in this weekend.

When 2021 comes along and it expands outwards, it's going to be an absolute financial killer to those who aren't able to afford to buy a car that's not required to pay the daily charge. £12.50 a day, 365 days a year?

The LEZ within the M25 has been in force for a number of years. The ULEZ is the new one in central London that is going to expand to the north and south circular in a couple of years

Any petrol car pre 2006 or diesel pre 2015 will be affected I think. As most of Greater London is residential it’s going to mean a new car or £12.50 a day for a lot of people. As usual it’s those with the least money who are going to get shafted. 

you cant get into berlin with less than class 4 diesel now

and very soon even class 5 diesel wont be good enough for sicko environmentalists

mine is class 3  :/

our folks get squeezed out of existence

Edited by gine39530d

1 hour ago, kobayashi said:

Any petrol car pre 2006 or diesel pre 2015 will be affected I think. As most of Greater London is residential it’s going to mean a new car or £12.50 a day for a lot of people. As usual it’s those with the least money who are going to get shafted. 

Both my E60s with their V8s are exempt! Stick that up your charging socket all you London Hybrid drivers.

You are dead right, it hits the ordinary folk the hardest.

2 hours ago, kobayashi said:

My point exactly...

So my 540, being a Jap import, has no emissions data declared on the V5. Road tax is £230 or thereabouts, same as the anything over 1600cc group. A UK example would pay over 300 notes. So would mine be exempt from all this on that basis? Just curious... 

Edit, just checked link above from Andrew. It's not exempt!

Edited by Loadmaster

My 2004 530i is exempt. I had to submit a scan of the V5 first so they could see the emissions, then they updated their database accordingly. Probably thousands of people are paying unnecessarily. Just because it is pre 2006 does not mean you are caught, you just have to check the V5 and send it to them.

Check this

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/cars/fun-to-drive-cars-that-dodge-the-london-ulez-charge/ss-BBVClVF?ocid=spartanntp

Some pretty fun cars there that you wouldn't expect to be exempt.

Edited by Tuvoc

47 minutes ago, Chu said:

Yeh surely buses and taxi's are the big hitters.

Makes me fookin laugh.

But the great unwashed wouldn't be able to get to their work if they hit the buses and the MPs wouldn't be able to get to Westmonster if they hit the taxis!

The reason for buses and Taxi is because they have wheelchair accessibility  

Agreed with the cycle lanes etc increasing more traffic in the city. Livingstone increased all the length of red lights. So more pedestrians have longer to walk across them - don’t have an issue with pedestrians having more time but the consequence is more stop traffic

A lot of people brought diesel’s because they were told by Governments throughout the years. One van hire place in the zone may go bankrupt. The scrappage scheme for older diesel vehicles in some instances is better to sell the vehicles outside of London, which defeats the object of these vehicle being off the road and not polluting the environment

I think if in the Mayor election one candidate has in their manifesto to abort the ULEZ to be inside A406 and A205 they will win.  To be honest anyone is better then this Mayor. 

1 minute ago, nealpina said:

A lot of people brought diesel’s because they were told by Governments throughout the years.

Rule #1, never listen to what the Government says.  I mean if we did that, Scotland would be independent and being funded by Scottish Oil.  Like that would have worked!

So, where does the money payable go? Not into green issues or funding the NHS to assist those with health issues caused by the pollution I bet. :rolleyes:

45 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

So, where does the money payable go? Not into green issues or funding the NHS to assist those with health issues caused by the pollution I bet. :rolleyes:

This Mayor has done nothing about knife crime therefore doubt it will go on this.  More chances of being in A&E at moment due to being attack than dying of air pollution.  Oh what about the scandal of Crossrail - this needs funding. 

Edit: scandal may be too strong of a word, but he knew it will be over budget and be pushed back before the public was aware 

Edited by nealpina

46 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

That must have been asked long before and answered.

It certainly won't go into fixing potholes that's for sure!

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 12:14, Loadmaster said:

So, where does the money payable go? 

The actual answer is: it's ring-fenced to TfL. To fund upgrades for TFL's bus, tube, bicycle and rail - to be lower carbon.

Reminds me this was launch on the same day or the day after as ULEZ, may buy a ticket 

8 hours ago, nealpina said:

The actual answer is: it's ring-fenced to TfL. To fund upgrades for TFL's bus, tube, bicycle and rail - to be lower carbon.

Glad its going back into a system that benefits the people paying the charge. Yeah right!

8 hours ago, nealpina said:

Reminds me this was launch on the same day or the day after as ULEZ, may buy a ticket 

Proper train, none of these souless electric trains that are just too cold and clinical.  Plus these things are a masterpiece of Engineering.